Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dogma's weigh a lot. You see pro's using them a lot but that's because they need to add weight or heavy components to meet minimum's. But unless you have to meet similar weight restrictions, something else will save you many, many grams

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dogma's weigh a lot. You see pro's using them a lot but that's because they need to add weight or heavy components to meet minimum's. But unless you have to meet similar weight restrictions, something else will save you many, many grams
That is a good point. But according to reviews and head-to-head tests, the Dogma is just as fast, if not faster, than top frames such as the S-Works Venge. And the ride quality and stiffness is supposedly amazing.
Anyway, which would you choose btw the three?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I didnt try the other two you are considering, but I did start thinking I wanted a really light bike. I have wanted a Cervelo R5 with Red ever since I started riding last year. A few months back I bought a 21lbs CX bike and I have been shocked at how fast this was, even with 32mm tires and CX gears. I wouldnt take it on a big climbing route, but for normal rides, and even some hardcore single track it has been fine.
When I went in for the R5, they talked me into trying a few others and once I rode the Dogma it was over. I was afraid it was going to be much heavier but it was about 3/4 lbs difference. (15,4 vs 14.7 apples to apples in size 58) If it was 2lbs heavier, I still would have bought it. The ride and handling are unreal, and the R5 felt somewhat fragile by comparison.
If you can try some of these out. I was shocked at how much I liked the Dogma, and the looks are a big bonus.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I'd go for the Merckx because I like Merckx bikes. The Pinarello looks too show boat for my tastes.

Question: If you're going to spend this much money on a bike frame, why are you asking a bunch of anonymous bike pervs on this website? Can't you make up your own mind? Sheese, if I were going to spend that much, I wouldn't care what anyone here thinks. Maybe you should ride your Trek a while longer.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I think its good to research and get a bunch of opinions and then make your own choice. Bike pervs will tend to like the better stuff and not like the blah. they may also have thought about something you haven't.
I never really thought about integrated cables until someone mentioned it, but in my opinion in makes a bike look much cleaner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.