Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Pinarello Dogma F8 frame cracks

24K views 48 replies 19 participants last post by  aclinjury 
#1 ·
Wondering if anybody with an authentic Pinarello Dogma F8 has experience any cracks in the frame? At least two areas to look are the bottom of the seat stay and the bottom side of the down tube. If you notice any fine white lines that appear to be scratches, I would like to hear from you.
Regards,

#49 ·
the great thing about old threads is that sometime you get to read what you wrote years ago!! :D I didn't even realize I wrote in this thread.

But now that I'm here, I'll give an update to one of my posts about my buddy's F8 repair job. It has held up GREAT! $600 bux out of pocket for him for 3 cracked spots. Not bad considering that the alternative option was to trash an F8 frame.

My F8 has a issue with the front derailleur bracket becoming loose. Can I replace the rivets or ?
Loose rivets can be fixed. You'll probably need to bring it to a carbon repairer though. I'd imagine that the repair process will entail taking out the bracket, smooth up the existing rivit holes, and then putting in new rivets (that may have to be a tad larger since the existing rivet holes might grow just a tad larger now). This can be a simple $100 repair or $300 repair depending on if the repairer has to lay down new carbon layer (let's hope not)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.