Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F4:13 means: Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

My PINARELLO F4:13 BROKE and i'm looking for some answers. I'ts hard to accept this from a HIGH QUALITIY ITALIAN FRAME, if are Italian made!

A label into the head tube can be the weak point. But were the QUALITY CONTROL?
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/att...1&d=1231097369

I try the warranty, but they don't heard me. Specialized, Merdida, Trek offer a great warranty service, but PINARELLO....

The big teams frames are made in ITALY our TAIWAN?...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
How did that happen? :confused:

Just at first glance it makes me worried about buying my first carbon bike...which I was planning on doing here any day. :idea: (I've been a steel and Ti guy up to this point.)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tyro said:
How did that happen? :confused:

Just at first glance it makes me worried about buying my first carbon bike...which I was planning on doing here any day. :idea: (I've been a steel and Ti guy up to this point.)
I fall, something like this:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ninja #2 said:
Umm, you fell and now you are blaming the bike company. Maybe you should be blaming yourself?
I fell because the frame broke! The frame did't support the forces. I'm a 70Kg, 154lbs. I didn't hit, i just try to be stable, then CRACK!

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Bertrand said:
If that's the OP standing beside his bike immediately after the fall, he sure doesn't look as banged up as his bike.
Yup, not a mark on the guy, the wheels look good, and the brake levers are still straight. It almost looks like someone forgot it was an rear car rack and backed into something. Or maybe is just spontaneously snapped, throwing the bike and rider into a field of foam rubber.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm pretty sure all Pinarello carbon frames have always been made in Taiwan. Some are finished (painted) in Italy. There was an interview with Fausto a year or so back in roadbikeaction where he stated that they do not have the capablity to build carbon frames in Italy. (not that there is anything wrong with Taiwan frames IMO)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bigbill said:
Yup, not a mark on the guy, the wheels look good, and the brake levers are still straight. It almost looks like someone forgot it was an rear car rack and backed into something. Or maybe is just spontaneously snapped, throwing the bike and rider into a field of foam rubber.
Great observation, but appear something surreal, i just made a down hill, went out off the road, the front road lock, the frame broke, then i fell into grass field! I didn't believe but...it was happend!

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
arech said:
Great observation, but appear something surreal, i just made a down hill, went out off the road, the front road lock, the frame broke, then i fell into grass field! I didn't believe but...it was happend!
so you weren't just riding along...You were going downhill, lost control and went off the road...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Richieg said:
It just broke while you were riding? It didn't break because of a fall?
I did a off road down hill to deviate a race accident (i was racing), when i went back the front road lock, like the image, and the frame broke, and i fall"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dave Hickey said:
so you weren't just riding along...You were going downhill, lost control and went off the road...
I was racing and deviate a race accident, i didn't lost the control, i was estable but the front road lock, my body was back and made an handspike, the frame broke!

1 - 20 of 255 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.