Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
285 Posts
A google search yields a lot of content on how to identify counterfeit Pinarellos and per cxwrench's suggestion, Pinarello has a resource page for identifying and reporting counterfeit products:

Counterfeit Frames | en | Pinarello Global

If you post photos of the bike itself, the RBR forum would have a better chance of helping you. Overall photos of the bike plus detailed photos of parts like drop-outs, bottom bracket shell, bottle cage mounts, etc., that can be used to distinguish genuine from fakes.

Can you share how you came about buying the bike and whether or not it had original Pinarello documentation? If you bought it second hand, was the seller the original owner with receipts/proof?

· Registered
285 Posts
Honestly I know it's a real one I'm trying to sell it and the question is being asked I appreciate all the help.
Ah, okay. If you're trying to show that your frame is genuine to a prospective buyer the link I provided seems to have a method of verifying your frame. See point 4 and notes on "Pinarello Points" – hopefully you can reference a 2011 bike using this tool.

I know I'd feel a lot more confident buying a used Pinarello with a confirmed serial number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts