Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some shots of my latest.Its a 57.5 built up with Shimano 10v, FSA K-Force compact Mega Exo crank, Deda Newton bar and stem,Elite Patao carbon cages,Look titanium Keo pedals,SLR saddle and Race X-lite wheels(Ksyriums will be here next week). Weighed just under 17lbs. with pedals.

I'm still dialing everything in just yet,so I only offer inital impressions of the bike.It is of incredible stiffness,coupled with absolute road dampening comfort.It felt as if every ounce of pedal stroke went directly to the drivetrain. It feels fast climbing and descends smooth almost telepathetic.

Overall,it's a nice new flavor added to my collection.

· MING
419 Posts
That is a great looking bike! the forks and seatstays on pinarellos always look so cool; like its moving even when standing still.

I see a healthy looking stable you got going there, this the only shimano bike in the bunch?

Do you use that garmin edge on all your bikes? if so do you use the two different bikes allowed by the setup?

now go ride those beauties!

· Registered
498 Posts
very very nice SpinDawg!
Beautiful bike. I also like their other Illes Balears paint too.
But yours is just as nice.
I see your using the Garmin too.
I just got a 305 last week & love it.

Congrats on a Sweet Bike!!

· Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man,I plenty proud of them.

kreger said:
That is a great looking bike! the forks and seatstays on pinarellos always look so cool; like its moving even when standing still.

I see a healthy looking stable you got going there, this the only shimano bike in the bunch?

Do you use that garmin edge on all your bikes? if so do you use the two different bikes allowed by the setup?

now go ride those beauties!
It's my only Shimano equiped bike.It's nice to have a different setup from the others.I love the new Dura Ace,but hate the hoods.

I use the Garmin for 3 of my bikes and a normal Sigma for the C50.I'll eventually use it for all of them once I get another receiver. I use just the one setup fo all of my bikes,keeps it simple.

· Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wanted the Illes Balears paint so bad,

flying said:
very very nice SpinDawg!
Beautiful bike. I also like their other Illes Balears paint too.
But yours is just as nice.
I see your using the Garmin too.
I just got a 305 last week & love it.

Congrats on a Sweet Bike!!
I could taste it! I was willing to wait for the frame to make it US shores,but my lbs(who doesn't offer this line) found this frame in NC with my name on it.I keep telling myself that the red fork would eventually grow old,but I know better. I probably should have waited,but you know how it is...the wait kills me everytime.I'm just lucky I can get away with the cookie cutter bikes!

· Registered
187 Posts
Not to bust on your new ride Spindawg, the Pino is nice but i was really admiring the Colnago's in the background. especially the geo paint scheme C40 (I THINK). Most people i have talked to say it's ugly but i kinda like it, alot. Nice bike quiver.

· pinoy thunder
342 Posts
I see that you've ditched the Trek.

How's the stiffness compared to the Tarmac SL?

I agree with you on the Shimano hoods. They feel HUGE if you're used to ergolevers. The only thing that keeps me from switching back to Campy is my stupid inability to shift while sprinting on ergolevers.

· A Canadian in Sweden
6,136 Posts
Nice stable - two Colnagos, one Specialized, and one Pinarello. Not bad, not bad at all.
Cheers, Wayne

· Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No hard feelings here.

JGUTZ said:
Not to bust on your new ride Spindawg, the Pino is nice but i was really admiring the Colnago's in the background. especially the geo paint scheme C40 (I THINK). Most people i have talked to say it's ugly but i kinda like it, alot. Nice bike quiver.
It's a 2005 Dream HP b stay in geo colors.I think the colors turned out great,because they matched the fork,plus made the frame appear to be carbon in places.Neat thing about this paint especially, is that no two bikes are the same. Each one is a little different than the rest.

· Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yeah, the Treks are hangin' by the rafters.

stihl said:
I see that you've ditched the Trek.

How's the stiffness compared to the Tarmac SL?

I agree with you on the Shimano hoods. They feel HUGE if you're used to ergolevers. The only thing that keeps me from switching back to Campy is my stupid inability to shift while sprinting on ergolevers.
They have been retired.Definately rode those bikes into the ground! I was thinking of maybe piecing the 5900 back together later on.I still enjoy riding that frame.

The Tarmac SL blows this bike away in the stiffness category....personal opinion. I've had this bike long enough to get a strong feel for how it performs and well after its novelty should've worn off. I say "should've" because normally you get use to a piece of equipment and it tends to lose some of its luster. The Tarmac continues to amaze me with how comfortable it is,but yet one of the stiffest bikes I've ever swung a leg over.It's such a fun bike to ride.I'm so fortunate to have this bike at my disposal!!

· Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Wayne.

wayneanneli said:
Nice stable - two Colnagos, one Specialized, and one Pinarello. Not bad, not bad at all.
Cheers, Wayne
I'm happy with the rotation of bikes I have now.Each one setup a little dfifferent than the others.All designed to perform better than the next. Who knows,maybe one day I'll join that Moots club!

· Registered
2,655 Posts
Spindawg

Nicely done! What a collection. Tell me how the ride and handling compare to the C40 and Dream. At what point to your start selling off the old? :)

· Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What's up Boney!

boneman said:
Nicely done! What a collection. Tell me how the ride and handling compare to the C40 and Dream. At what point to your start selling off the old? :)
Good to hear from a old friend! You don't post as often as you should,what's up? The Colnagos aren't as stiff...personal opinion,as the other two.The C50 is a very plush ride and makes for a great all day bike....maybe its the wheels:) !! The Dream gives back more road chatter and feel than the others and doesn't skimp too much in the climbing category. The Tarmac SL is for those all out effort rides that are short in distance and you just want to put in a personal best...great all around bike...my favorite so far!

Believe it or not,I tried to buy the new Time frame from Mike since he starting carrying the line,but he talked me out of it.Says they just aren't of quality.Steered me towards the Pinarello instead,says he use to sell them in the 70's and still has a soft spot for them.

Kind Regards,

Joe

· Adrenalina Italiana
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd gladly give up my floors for your fleet.

terry b said:
The floors in you bike room are much nicer than the floors in my bike room.

The bike looks great!
Your'e the the rockstar of bike collecting.Thanks for the comments Terry.

· Registered
1 Posts
My Paris FP Carbon

Hello,

I have the same bike only in the bleu collar.
But at this moment I have a warranty issue due to an instable top tube. (not stiff)
While dissenting in France (60 km/hr.) I had a very unpleasant experience, speed wobble.
I’m riding bicycles for more than 25 years also in competition and never had this phenomena before.
One thing I can say is that Pinarello did there very best and now I will receive a new frame.

Hoop that your bike is stiff if not pleas let me know.

Cheers,:thumbsup:

Erik

SPINDAWG said:
some shots of my latest.Its a 57.5 built up with Shimano 10v, FSA K-Force compact Mega Exo crank, Deda Newton bar and stem,Elite Patao carbon cages,Look titanium Keo pedals,SLR saddle and Race X-lite wheels(Ksyriums will be here next week). Weighed just under 17lbs. with pedals.

I'm still dialing everything in just yet,so I only offer inital impressions of the bike.It is of incredible stiffness,coupled with absolute road dampening comfort.It felt as if every ounce of pedal stroke went directly to the drivetrain. It feels fast climbing and descends smooth almost telepathetic.

Overall,it's a nice new flavor added to my collection.

· naranjito
785 Posts
Erik Cardon said:
Hello,

I have the same bike only in the bleu collar.
But at this moment I have a warranty issue due to an instable top tube. (not stiff)
While dissenting in France (60 km/hr.) I had a very unpleasant experience, speed wobble.
I’m riding bicycles for more than 25 years also in competition and never had this phenomena before.
One thing I can say is that Pinarello did there very best and now I will receive a new frame.

Hoop that your bike is stiff if not pleas let me know.

Cheers,:thumbsup:

Erik
pinarello are giving you a new frame just because you had a speed wobble??? are you kidding? or are you married to fausto's daughter? if there was actually something wrong with the frame then tell us about it (with photos if you've got them), and if it was just your standard everyday JRI speed wobble, then please let us in on how to get a new frame from it!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.