Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back visiting my family for the holidays, which has given me the opportunity to pick up my new bike, and to take some pics of my oldest bike, my 1990 Pinarello Treviso.

I can't believe it's been a little over 15 years since i got this beauty. I've treated it like the proverbial redheaded step child: crashed it multiple times (hence the ultegra replacements for the original chorus, and the time fork); rode it in the rain, sleet, and snow for months on end when i lived in Scotland; let airline baggage handlers throw it around for more time than i care to remember; and put something in the range of 40-45 thousand miles on it. I'm also ashamed to say that I forgot to lube the seatpost before riding it over the winter of '93-'94, and it's been stuck ever since. I'm thinking that it;s time to see if knowledgeable people can help me amend this problem :eek:

One would thik that it should be retired by now, but until this visit, it's been my USA bike. Just this past summer I showed up for a group ride and received comments about what a 'quaint' bike i hadat the start, and compiments at the end :D

Anyway, thought i'd post some pics of the old beast. Perhaps i"ll give it a cleaning tomorrow :rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I figured mine was an '89 from the catalog pics on Bulgiers site http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/ .Could be an '88. Thats the date that was on the olympic sticker by the shifters. The forks with painted crown are not original. The originals were destroyed in a crash. Here's a pic of the frame before I cleaned it up, purchased for $50.

·
gastarbeiter
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you do the restore yourself, or shop it out? looks great.

Old Yeller said:
I figured mine was an '89 from the catalog pics on Bulgiers site http://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/ .Could be an '88. Thats the date that was on the olympic sticker by the shifters. The forks with painted crown are not original. The originals were destroyed in a crash. Here's a pic of the frame before I cleaned it up, purchased for $50.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks, I did the restore myself. Took lots of chrome polish and soapy water. Luker gave me the tip to use Testors sapphire blue spray paint for the touch up and the new decals are repros from Lloyds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts