Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
wasssabi
2,081 Posts
These threads are always fun.
Next will be a bunch of posters flaming everyone for being jealous. Saying it's his money he can do what he wants.
I once made the mistake of making a joke to the OP of a thread telling him to "get wichever best matches your BMW". That was followed by countless posts of telling me I was a jealous cry baby. Good times.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If you can piss away that kind of money on cycling equipment, why should you care what other people think?
No doubt he's just really proud of his bikes and wants to show them off to us. This is a typical human behavior. You buy something nice and you want to show it off.

At any rate, they're both really nice bikes!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow....people are quite strange! I never said I own the bikes, and I don't recall I asked psychological evaluations of ones character... very funny whatsoever!

It was and still is a question of evaluating those two bikes... if anyone has had an opportunity to ride both, please share your experiences... if not, tell us which one would you prefer!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Are you evaluating the bikes for yourself or for a friend who's considering buying one? Maybe we could start by you telling us what are your priorities in a bike when evaluating them - stiffness, responsiveness, ride quality, resale value etc? Have you taken each out for a spin and if yes, what did you think?

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Dogma, heavy frame+heavy wheels.
Spec light frame+light wheels.
IME the weight difference in the frames is imperceptible when actually riding. But the wheels will feel much different.
I'd take the Dogma but with the Lightweights.

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
People are asking me to evaluate both bikes...

Very difficult, what do you think?

Pinarello Dogma 2, Campy SR 11sp, Bora 1 wheels or
S-Works Tarmac SL4, Campy SR 11sp, Lightweight Standard III wheels View attachment 278170
Yah know if someone gave me those two bikes and said "here evaluate these", the first thing I'd do is ride them under a series of different conditions: flats, rolling hills, long sustained climbs, descents, sprints. I'd evaluate their steering, braking, road feel under all conditions and form my own opinions rather getting on a website and asking people for their experiences. But hey, that's just me.

The second thing that you bring up in a later post is basically " if you haven't ridden either which one would you pick".
I have ridden neither and ok here it is, none of the above. I think the Tarmac is over hyped and the Pinarello is over rated. It doesn't mean that they both aren't very good bikes. It means there are too many capable bikes from other manufacturers. I just picked up a frame that I have to build up. Specialized and Pinarello didn't make the list.

·
Banned
907 Posts
Thank you everyone for the candid and heartfelt responses. I kinda overreacted to some some stupid BS on here in another thread and got a touch confrontational with one of our friends here. But, now I know I am not the only wiseAh$ who won't tolerate bulsh$t. Again, I thank you.

FWIW i think either one is a tremendous waste of $$$. But, If I had the money and hookers and blow to go with it, I would straddle the Dogma, for sure.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.