Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Pinnarello's Warranty a Joke?

6K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  albert owen 
If you have a Litespeed or Merlin and the break comes from a defect in welding or something like that then it will be fixed for free. Sure they will offer you an upgrade but why not? If the frame breaks b/c of you running into a car or something then, no, it won't be fixed for free...

I'm not sure what you're getting at. The Lifetime Warranty replaces frames that are/ were defective from the factory.

koyaanisqatsi said:
The point is that, beyond the 2 years warranty period (extendable to 3 years at the Pinarello Web site), Pinarello will not replace the frame regardless of whether the frame was defective from the factory. As I recall, his LBS will back the frame for three years(?). Frames do not always fail within the warranty period, even if the frame is defective from the factory. And even if the frame does fail within that warranty period, it is sometimes not possible to show that the frame was at fault. Moreover, with a two year warranty period, the manufacturer does not show much confidence in the frame.
I was talking to the guy that was talking about ABG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.