Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
608 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
I thought that this front wheel was more interesting - and on the winning bike. - TF
If he would have used a more aero front and if it would have increased his speed by 0.2 kph then it would have been worth about fifteen seconds.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
If he would have used a more aero front and if it would have increased his speed by 0.2 kph then it would have been worth about fifteen seconds.
I hope you are using the sarcasm font. - TF

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
chrislh said:
turtle was that your way of being funny, well... u failed
Ah...no. I take it that you don't find it interesting that the winning bike has a very non-aero front wheel when everybody "knows" that he would be faster otherwise. - TF

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,158 Posts
TurboTurtle said:

here, I modified his response.....

·
Banned
608 Posts
TurboTurtle said:
The aero belly Ullrich was using today really did the job, but a better one would surely have knocked fifteen seconds off of his time. A couple of Big Macs chased by a liter of Coke in the morning probably would have done the trick.

What color is the sarcasm font, anyway?

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
Under ACrookedSky said:
The aero belly Ullrich was using today really did the job, but a better one would surely have knocked fifteen seconds off of his time. A couple of Big Macs chased by a liter of Coke in the morning probably would have done the trick.

What color is the sarcasm font, anyway?
I don't know. Tried [/Font=Sarcasm]....[/Font] and that doesn't work. :) TF

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,158 Posts
chrislh said:
sorry turtle, big Jan should of used an aero front wheel. doesn't make sense why not.

yes, the armchair quarterbacks always do know what's best....

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
Yeah I'm sure Jan, his mechanic

his DS etc have no idea what they are doing. I can't figure out how a bunch of kraut retards can be succesful in spite of all their mistakes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
As I recall, last year in his last important TT of the year (Tour of Germany), der Kaiser had a spiffy aero front wheel...installed backwards. Word is he lost the Tour of Germany b/c of it, equations and all, probably not in the real world, but good for the water cooler.

As for using one today, why would it matter? He's not shooting for the overall, he was going for good wattage numbers, a good workout...might as well go for the front wheel that feels a bit more comfortable. Winning was a bonus, but it isn't like he was going to zoom to the top of the GC and all of the sudden be a contender for the Giro.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
I think gonchar and rogers

rode them as well. so my guess is there was some factor,cross winds, handling that they thought a regular wheel was going to serve them better. (either that or the aero ones were all stolen) Usually there are methods to their madness. Now considering how well they rode I'd say somebody made at least a 'good'call.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.