Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The substance found in Pistorius's apartment has been identified:

South African police say they found needles in Pistorius’s bedroom along with the substance, which they initially named as testosterone. Prosecutors later withdrew that statement identifying the substance and said it had been sent for laboratory tests.

Pistorius family spokesperson Lunice Johnston said in an email to The Associated Press on Wednesday that the athlete’s lawyers confirmed that the substance is Testis compositum.

Oscar Pistorius’s team names substance found in bedroom initially called ‘testosterone’ | Toronto Star

Does anyone anything about "Testis compositum?"

·
Registered
398 Posts
The point being is that it's not the test that turns one into a killer. Sure, of course there are examples of a killer being on test, or whiskey, or Ibuprofen for that matter. But taking test, drinking whiskey, or taking Ibuprofen doesn't turn you into a killer. Let's not make excuses for anyone.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
The point being is that it's not the test that turns one into a killer. Sure, of course there are examples of a killer being on test, or whiskey, or Ibuprofen for that matter. But taking test, drinking whiskey, or taking Ibuprofen doesn't turn you into a killer. Let's not make excuses for anyone.
Fair enough, I was making a joke and really couldn't think of another athlete who killed someone (lately).

Provided the substance was really Testis compositum, it really shouldn't contain testosterone or anything that would effectively raise testosterone levels despite the claims it might make to do so.

·
Make America grope again
4,754 Posts
I get what you are saying.

Besides, he's accused of premeditated murder. Stopping, thinking about it, putting his legs on, waiting until she went to the toilet (easy target).

Not exactly a 'moment of passion' that.

·
Banned
8,103 Posts
lol @ waiting until she went to the toilet so that she would be an easy target!

He's obviously not some criminal mastermind who planned this out for weeks in advance. Someone looking to kill another person and can make it look like an accident or just have their mate come up missing.

If you're going to create a scenario make it realistic: They were fighting and she sought shelter in the toilet. She locked the door and he started to kick it in and then shot her.

Again, the fact that the officers mucked up the crime scene and publicly called a perfectly legal supplement "steroids" casts doubt on the prosecution's case.

·
Make America grope again
4,754 Posts
I'm not making up a scenario.

I'm relaying the prosecutor's position, that he is accused of premeditated murder, that he put his legs on, went after her, etc...they made this big to do that 10 minutes of planning would count as premeditated.

If you disagree with them, that's fine. But leave me out of it.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
In the OJ case, some of the crooked detectives are also racist. They also planted evidence (probably make sure OJ would be nailed). They made lots of mistakes during the handling of the evidence. Johnny Cochran brought it all up pretty well; and eventually also brought out the race card too.

Now... is there anyone on this planet today (except maybe a black man from LA who is a die-hard OJ jocker) believe OJ was not the real killer?

I see Oscar as the same thing as OJ. Killer!

(I wonder if OJ ever finds his ex's real killer, as he had vowed to do. I hate to be OJ's children wondering if dad had decapitated mom's head)

·
Make America grope again
4,754 Posts
No, but he lives in a big modern house.

Looks like a security nightmare to me.

Lots of big windows. Two low one story terraces in front that go out to the street - easy for an intruder to get a boost up and get to the second story windows.

Plus all the trees planted close to the windows.

I wouldn't live in a house like that.

https://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/2297/07356c162f89419ebea1357ad7f59621.jpg

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
lol @ waiting until she went to the toilet so that she would be an easy target!

He's obviously not some criminal mastermind who planned this out for weeks in advance. Someone looking to kill another person and can make it look like an accident or just have their mate come up missing.

If you're going to create a scenario make it realistic: They were fighting and she sought shelter in the toilet. She locked the door and he started to kick it in and then shot her.

Again, the fact that the officers mucked up the crime scene and publicly called a perfectly legal supplement "steroids" casts doubt on the prosecution's case.
Can't argue with any of that. I don't know the legal definition of "premeditation" under SA law, either. Probably similar to the US/UK standard, though, SA being a former UK colony.

Before we hang the guy, bear one name in mind--Jon Benet Ramsey. Everyone thought that their story about an intruder was bogus, too. Then a retired state investigator proved that it was eminently plausible.

·
Dr. Flats a lot
740 Posts
It's a silly way to try and get a testosterone boost. Basically there's some herbal jibberish and ground up bull testicles. It's been used a lot by euro guys and is available over the counter in many homeopathic stores.

·
Banned
8,103 Posts
Premeditation can occur in a split second.

I just laugh at the idea of waiting until someone is vulnerable in the bathroom. If someone is going to wait until their lover or spouse is vulnerable there are countless opportunities aside from a trip to the toilet.

According to my attorney at lol research, it appears as though South Africa follows Scottish criminal law. It defines murder and culpable homicide.

Murder is constituted by any wilful act causing the destruction of life, by which the perpetrator either wickedly intends to kill or displays wicked recklessness as to whether the victim lives or dies.

Culpable Homicide is described as "the unlawful negligent killing of a human being."

·
Registered
661 Posts
Is Armstrong ridiculously interesting too?

Olympian, castrato, bully, doper.

I guess not as interesting. Bully isn't as cool as murderer. And he's not really a castrato. But I noticed that Lance hadn't been mentioned yet in this thread so I had to bring him in.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Is Armstrong ridiculously interesting too?

Olympian, castrato, bully, doper.

I guess not as interesting. Bully isn't as cool as murderer. And he's not really a castrato. But I noticed that Lance hadn't been mentioned yet in this thread so I had to bring him in.
lets be honest, you'd have a hard time ignoring Lance if he was within a 50ft radius of you. :D

But yeah, murderer is a huge jump from bully.

·
Registered
12,085 Posts
lets be honest, you'd have a hard time ignoring Lance if he was within a 50ft radius of you. :D

But yeah, murderer is a huge jump from bully.
I know. Lance Armstrong's bullying was way worse than murder. It's mean to compare Pistorius to Lance.

All the folks who hate Lance can't stop themselves from looking at his Facebook or Twitter posts, either.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.