Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem a bit odd.......but here goes:

Would someone post a picture of Shimano pivot points for front and rear derailleur....preferably with the super imposed arrow to show the exact location for oil application....I assume that I have the correct location, but want to make sure.

Thanks and again forgive the ignorance.....Have a good one!

· Registered
11,555 Posts
Here's the rear with its 4 pins / 8 pivots. Front has 4 pivots, plus the pivot bolt right below the cable clamp. You'll figure out the front w/o a picture after you oil up the rear pivots. One tiny drop per pivot, then wipe off any excess.

· Registered
21,834 Posts
For future reference

miller_2727 said:
Would someone post a picture of Shimano pivot points for front and rear derailleur....preferably with the super imposed arrow to show the exact location for oil application....I assume that I have the correct location, but want to make sure.
Just for future reference, there are very few parts on a bicycle where you cannot figure them out just by observing their operation. In the case of derailleurs, all you have to do is watch the mechanism operate as you shift through the gears. The pivot points become obvious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.