Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live up in Seattle and I'm looking for some places to go to for a day of riding. I find it pretty boring and unmotivating to do the same routes and loops day after day and I think that I need to spice things up a bit. Does anyone around here know of some good rides or places to go to?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
waldo425 said:
I live up in Seattle and I'm looking for some places to go to for a day of riding. I find it pretty boring and unmotivating to do the same routes and loops day after day and I think that I need to spice things up a bit. Does anyone around here know of some good rides or places to go to?
Have you done the Lake Washington loop? You can do it complete or in half. Tere are lost of routes in Seatle city that I do 1.5 her to 4 hrs. do the Mercer island loop. That's nice. Also the run from the Locks to Lincoln park. How long or rides are you talking about? and I am assuming you are talking riding more or less "in city".

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
martinrjensen said:
Have you done the Lake Washington loop? You can do it complete or in half. Tere are lost of routes in Seatle city that I do 1.5 her to 4 hrs. do the Mercer island loop. That's nice. Also the run from the Locks to Lincoln park. How long or rides are you talking about? and I am assuming you are talking riding more or less "in city".
I live in Sammamish (thought it would be simpler to say Seattle.) It would be nice to do some back country routes (they are just so peacefull) but city routes work just the same in my eyes. I'm probably going to be doing the Lake Washington loop in the next couple of weeks. Right now I'm trying to get in as many hours as possible to prep for doing STP in one day, so I'm looking for 3-4-5 hour rides to get my endurance up.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
some rides

waldo425 said:
I live in Sammamish (thought it would be simpler to say Seattle.) It would be nice to do some back country routes (they are just so peacefull) but city routes work just the same in my eyes. I'm probably going to be doing the Lake Washington loop in the next couple of weeks. Right now I'm trying to get in as many hours as possible to prep for doing STP in one day, so I'm looking for 3-4-5 hour rides to get my endurance up.
so you should be able to do a Sammamish lake route and just combine it with something else. Maybe go round the lake, then head towards Seatle accross I-90 and loop around Mercer island. That would be a very nice, varied ride that would have to be close to 50 miles. Mercer island itself is 13 miles around, then double the distance to lake Sammamish which has to be 5 miles at least then I have no idea what the lake is around but it must be close to 30. I think that woud be more that 50 miles total.
Living in the city, I am really used to riding down town and stuff, I kind of get off on it. Everytime I ride through down town and live, it's really cool and I get all pumped up that I didn't get killed. Actually when I ride down town it's mostly on the weekends and it's pretty safe but I think that if you keep your wits about you, riding in traffic is fine. I am getting really tired of the Burke Gilman trail. It's too crowded with Pedestrians who don't look.

·
vexatious enigma
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
martinrjensen said:
so you should be able to do a Sammamish lake route and just combine it with something else. Maybe go round the lake, then head towards Seatle accross I-90 and loop around Mercer island. That would be a very nice, varied ride that would have to be close to 50 miles. Mercer island itself is 13 miles around, then double the distance to lake Sammamish which has to be 5 miles at least then I have no idea what the lake is around but it must be close to 30. I think that woud be more that 50 miles total.
Living in the city, I am really used to riding down town and stuff, I kind of get off on it. Everytime I ride through down town and live, it's really cool and I get all pumped up that I didn't get killed. Actually when I ride down town it's mostly on the weekends and it's pretty safe but I think that if you keep your wits about you, riding in traffic is fine. I am getting really tired of the Burke Gilman trail. It's too crowded with Pedestrians who don't look.

That does sound like a pretty nice ride. I did the Lake Sammamish loop last week and it was pretty fun. Ill have to do the Mercer Island loop next time. Ive also been meening to ride across the I-90 bridge but have yet to do it. Maybe Ill do it next weekend. The Burke Gillman trail would be great if it wernt for all the stupid people on it. I got ran off the trail last weekend when someone desided to come at me looking backwards. When they saw what happened they just laughed. It's really a pity given that its such a nice ride. Good way to kill and hour and a half if noone gets in the way.

I do have to say that riding in the city is a lot of fun. I don't do it often but every time I do I'm surprised as to just how safe I feel while doing it. I think that it helps a lot that drivers actually know how to pass a cyclist; as opposed to drivers on this side of the lake that have no clue how to pass me and end up scarring me to death.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.