Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to place an order sometime before the summer is up, but I wanted to make sure I have everything I need. I am getting a new wheelset. I have the following:

New cassette, new chain, front and rear wheel (spokes, hub, rim already put together), two tires, rim strips, cassette lockring tool, chain whip, chain tool, and two tubes

Is there anything else I need to put this stuff together?

Now I just need Performance Bike to offer a big discount :). Does anyone know if they generally have a Fourth of July sale? I'm not in any hurry to get a new wheelset, but I'd like to get it before I do the HHH at the end of August!

Thanks for all of your help!

· Get me to In&Out
5,419 Posts
They also will likely have a double points weekend around there too. Loved the hotter than hell century. Fastest century I have ever done. I witnessed amazing crashes in the first 30 miles though.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tire levers and a pump. Thanks though. Good idea. I'm doing this for the first time so I wanted to make sure I had the tools to do it.

Hopefully, the Fourth of July is a 20% off sale! I could use that big time!

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke wrench! I need one of those. I probably should go ahead and get more than two tubes!

I am getting these for about $310:

Shimano Ultegra FH-6700/Mavic Open Pro Silver Rear Wheel
Shimano Ultegra HB-6700/Mavic Open Pro Silver Front Wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.