Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to figure out if these are both the same bikes. Below is a stock image from Planet-X.com, where the frame is for sale. Anyone know if this is what it really looks like? Or is it a matte color?

What is the deal with the color of this bike?

https://on-one.co.uk/i/q/FRPXK/planet-x-kaffenback-frame

That bike looks BRIGHT yellow and red. I found a picture of this one on Flickr from a couple years ago:

Anyone know if the one currently for sale is the same color as the one listed below it, the more retroish, matte yellow colored one?

WTF?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I like the yellow & red. I think it might be a little better with yellow & blue. What's wrong with it? IMO the other frame pictured is all right but a little boring.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The Flickr photos are the colours from a few (2 or 3) years ago. The yellow is this years colours.

These are quite popular over here - as it says on the page they're hard as anything. I know people who commute on them during the week and use them for 'cross at the weekend. I've been toying with getting one for a while, but really can't justify it until my current winter bike dies.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I should have said that it's not yellow - the old colour is light brown with dark brown panels. Nothing to do with white balance!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just talked to the guy who had those photos and he said that the color of his bike is the same one thats for sale now..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts