Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Say "nuke-u-lar"
453 Posts
I've seen Blazing Saddles bikes a lot anytime I get near the GGB or the tourist areas along the Embarcadero; guess I just see the folks renting the cheapest bikes? They are a very large operation in terms of sheer number of bikes you see, though. At some times their rentals constitute a steady stream across the GGB. I think most of the rental bikes in SF tend to be like the sort of less expensive hybrid/urban/mountain kind of bike that rental joints like. But their website says they have nice stuff too... http://blazingsaddles.com/bicycle_rental_rates.html

I think Mike's Bikes in Sausalito has some basic road bike rentals; you could take a ferry over there from SF and have a nice day of Marin riding. I can't think of one in particular along Stanyan St in SF (there's several bike shops along Stanyan for a few blocks at the east end of Golden Gate Park), but I think two of the shops there do the same sort of rental as that basic urban/hybrid/mountain sort of bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.