Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a design question, not cycling related.

It's January and I'd like to mess with the color palate of my bikey. Anyone care to advise? Bar tape, saddle color, bottle cages and maybe fork color are up for grabs

Thanks all,

Alex

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
Why mess? It's understated now, but looks good. I suppose you could do a white saddle and tape, but a month later it would look a mess. With that brown and white frame there is only so much you could do that looks OK.

Actually, the white saddle and tape would look too cool for school. And it will look fine a month later so long as you never ride it! ;)

Otherwise, I could refer you to the thread over in General (I think it was general) regarding the pink saddle, pink King Headset, and pink Hubs...

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Why mess? It's understated now, but looks good. I suppose you could do a white saddle and tape, but a month later it would look a mess. With that brown and white frame there is only so much you could do that looks OK.

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have an eye for color

That's why I picked a single color with white and black accents.

What goes with maroon? Blue, tan, green?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Alex-in-Evanston said:
That's why I picked a single color with white and black accents.

What goes with maroon? Blue, tan, green?
With those white stickers I think it's gonna look funny with any other color than maroon, black or white. Might be able to do tan, but white would look better.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Grey or white

Grey/Silver or White go great with Maroon.

College I went to had maroon and white for its colors, always thought it looked classy.

My bike is a light maroon red and I just put white tape on it, I like how it looks.

I know that this thread is going to probably get moved, but how do you like the Arione?

I really want one, but cannot come up with the dough immediately (trying to save more for a new frame)
:D

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,399 Posts
The forks don't go with anything. Paint them.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
white saddle, white tape for sure.

you can get that fizik in white. white tape is great, ya just change it more frequently but can usually be had for $5 a set at bike swaps (low demand). I'd toss on a silver seatpost as well. bike is very classic, ya don't wanna go too over the top. white cages too!!!!!

here's my wife's valentines day present, saddle is now white

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
lousylegs said:
Grey/Silver or White go great with Maroon.

College I went to had maroon and white for its colors, always thought it looked classy.

My bike is a light maroon red and I just put white tape on it, I like how it looks.

I know that this thread is going to probably get moved, but how do you like the Arione?

I really want one, but cannot come up with the dough immediately (trying to save more for a new frame)
:D
i have an arione that i really like. for a couple weeks i thought i wasted money and it was worthless, and then all of a sudden i guess it broke in and now fits like a glove. i was gonna get one to match my new bike, but i decided to keep the old one since its already broken in. plus it looks freakin sweet.

i think white tape/saddle would look good. i dont think tan would work as you already have white/black/maroon. i think with the tape it would look really sweet with the white/maroon contrast.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
forks

MR_GRUMPY said:
The forks don't go with anything. Paint them.
just do a maroon (to match) fade to white or to the natural carbon. or do maroon for about the top 3rd, then a white pinline and white S sticker and leave the bootoms CF.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
White bar tape. Who cares if it gets dirty? Buy the Performance tape for $5 and change every few months.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
atpjunkie said:
just do a maroon (to match) fade to white or to the natural carbon. or do maroon for about the top 3rd, then a white pinline and white S sticker and leave the bootoms CF.
i think this is a good idea, as the white fork kinda jumps out of nowhere. the fade to white would look really good.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Spending a ton on a custom Arione might be wasteful when you already have an Arione, but this would match the forks...

(Or you can buy a white SLR and destroy your arse.)

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
forks

Thanks for the tips. I might ask for a respray for Christmas.

ATP, you're the AD at a design firm, no?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts