Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm bored and everybody likes pictures right? Well anyway, my wife and I decided that we had enough of work to make us sick and decided to see how much we could pack into one day. So, we decided to spend the first half of the day skiing in the four feet of new powder that fell over the past couple of days and to then make a dash for the Zin Country of El Dorado and Amador Counties in the California Foothills. Made for a wonderful day, a great escape, and only adding to our desire to play hookie from work more often. Here are some pics for you all to look at of Mt. Rose Ski Resort and the vinyards along the Shenadoah valley.

First two shots are looking down from the top toward Reno and Washoe Valley (Edit: out of order, ooops). The second are of the ski area and my feet (heck, if we can post bike feet why not ski feet?). There's one of Tahoe for all you RBR's who want to ride up there this June. It's beautiful far beyond what this pic can show. The next batch is of the wine areas and the fantastic food we finished the evening with. Nothing better than good Italian food with a bottle of Zin (which, in this case is from Camino and not Amador, but who's worried about that?).

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have to get even somehow. Every time I see MB's ride reports, or Bigbills, etc. I get jealous beyond belief. So, I may not be able to ride but I sure can find other ways to entertain myself.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Ridgetop said:
OK, I'm bored and everybody likes pictures right? Nothing better than good Italian food with a bottle of Zin (which, in this case is from Camino and not Amador, but who's worried about that?).
Nice shots......I'm playing hooky tomorrow, actually starting in an hour......fresh powder.......hmmmmmm

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
The last four pictures look okay, I've seen too much of winter, I want SPRING and I want it NOW!

sorry about that...

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My problem is I like both. But, given the option I'd take the warmer weather over the snow as much as I like skiing and what not. Probably a month and a half more and then we start warming up normally and the road bike might actually start getting some decent miles on it for a change.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Ditto. Hope you had a great time, you rat-bastard ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.