Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,987 Posts

·
Never Give Up!
1,241 Posts
Haven't been on any dirt trails rides in years. My mountain bike these days are good for family rides in the parks (pavement/blacktop).

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Yeah, looks like fun. Those look like pretty smooth and well-maintained trails. Do you see people riding them on cross bikes? They look rideable even on a road bike with decent-sized tires..

How come "mountain bike" doesn't get capitalized? Seems disrespectful, when even "Single Speed" gets the fancy treatment. ;-)

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
Definitely try it on your road bike. Soundtrack creeped me out a bit.

·
Hammer
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, looks like fun. Those look like pretty smooth and well-maintained trails. Do you see people riding them on cross bikes? They look rideable even on a road bike with decent-sized tires..

How come "mountain bike" doesn't get capitalized? Seems disrespectful, when even "Single Speed" gets the fancy treatment. ;-)
The sad part is I have yet to see any other riders all year and I have over 300 miles out their. The region has a ton of different type's of trials that can suit whatever type riding you want to do. A large section of trails are maintained because it is a big snow mobile area during the winter. You'll see signs throughout warning of intersections, and sharp turn for the snow mobile's

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, the only reason road riding exists is to build fitness for Mt biking.

Reactions: Terrasmak

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
It's the lake Dennison Region of Winchendon Massachusetts
Jackpot.

That's exactly the type of stuff I'm looking for to use my cross bike. I asked thinking it was worth a shot but figured you'd say some place far away and I could only dream about it. But I know exactly where it is and I'm in the area frequently (have family just over the border in NH) and cycle around Winchendon a lot. I'm all over it next chance I get.

So, if I went in the campground entrance on Rt 202 would I find trails in there? If not can you recommend a place to start out? Thanks,

·
Hammer
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jackpot.

That's exactly the type of stuff I'm looking for to use my cross bike. I asked thinking it was worth a shot but figured you'd say some place far away and I could only dream about it. But I know exactly where it is and I'm in the area frequently (have family just over the border in NH) and cycle around Winchendon a lot. I'm all over it next chance I get.

So, if I went in the campground entrance on Rt 202 would I find trails in there? If not can you recommend a place to start out? Thanks,
Jay you'll have to do some exploring but go right in off of 202 to the Lake entrance and the adventure begins. If you want someone to ride with just drop me a message and I'm more than happy to ride with you. Just give me a days notice, the only day I'm not riding a bike is Mondays.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Jay you'll have to do some exploring but go right in off of 202 to the Lake entrance and the adventure begins. If you want someone to ride with just drop me a message and I'm more than happy to ride with you. Just give me a days notice, the only day I'm not riding a bike is Mondays.
Thank you. Sounds good. I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I plan to go up there for a weekend.

·
I make Eagles fly
620 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, the only reason road riding exists is to build fitness for Mt biking.
That's part of the reason I bought my road bike. The other one, the trailhead is just on the other side of my garage door.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts