Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, ok I'm looking for a 2 bikes...... I need to buy today or tomorrow..... I have a choice to do between:

first one : six 13 team ( 2007) frame six 13 team without a cannondale Si crank (about 1500$)
Frame: '07 Six13 TEAM

Fork: Slice Premium

Wheels: Mavic Ksyrium Elite

Tires: Hutchinson Fusion foldable, 700 x 23c

Pedals: N/A

Cranks: Shimano Ultegra, 39/53

Chain: Shimano Ultegra 10-speed

Cassette: Shimano Ultegra, 12-25

Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra

Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra

Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra

Handlebars: Cannondale Fire, 31.8 mm

Stem: Cannondale Fire 3-D Forged 110mm

Headset: FSA Carbon integrated

Brakeset: Shimano Ultegra

Brakelevers: Shimano Ultegra

Saddle: Fi'zi:k Arione Mg

Seat Post: FSA SL-K Carbon


the second one is : about 2100$$$
2008 SystemSix Si 3 Ultegra
Frame SystemSix Si, BB31
Fork Cannondale SystemSix+ Full Carbon
Rims Shimano WH-R6600
Hubs Shimano WH-R6600
Spokes Shimano WH-R6600
Tires Maxxis Columbiere foldable, 700 x 23c
Pedals N/A
Crank Cannondale Carbon Si, 39/53, Option: Cannondale Carbon Compact Si, 34/50
Chain Shimano Ultegra
Rear Cogs Shimano Ultegra, 12-25
Bottom Bracket Cannondale Hollowgram Si
Front Derailleur Shimano Ultegra
Rear Derailleur Shimano Dura-Ace
Shifters Shimano Ultegra
Handlebars Easton EC-70 Carbon
Stem FSA OS-115C w/Carbon faceplate
Headset SystemSix Pro C1 Carbon
Brakeset Shimano Ultegra
Brakelevers Shimano Ultegra
Saddle Fi`zi:k Arione Mg
Seat Post FSA SL-K Carbon
 

·
Resident Curmudgeon
Joined
·
13,390 Posts
Assuming they're both the same size, and that they fit you properly, buy the one you think is the best looking. No, I'm not kidding.
 

·
On the wrong floor again
Joined
·
1,138 Posts
I agree. It really comes down to the one you like best, considering they both fit the same.

Tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bianchi67 said:
If you can't decide which one looks better, I'd take the SystemSix because I'm not a fan of mixing carbon and aluminum like the six13.

but system six has a mixing carbon and alu... the back is in alluminium!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
atpjunkie said:
$600 extra $$ for the crank, D/A rear der and the Easton Fork?
finally it's not 600$ but 400$ and it's not the same frame.... six 13 vs system six....

plus crank ultegra vs cannondale Si crank.... etc..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Bianchi67 said:
My bad, though it was full carbon. Does CDale make a full carbon frame?
The Synapse and SuperSix are both full carbon.

I am a little confused by the OP. The SystemSix Si series was from 2007, not 2008. The Six13 really didn't make sense to me either, and upon looking it up, it seems from the specs listed we're actually talking about a 2006 Six13 Pro 2..?
 

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Is the super six (full Carbon). I was just on Cannondales website and can't find a system six. If it comes down to a full carbon frame vs a mix (alum and carbon) I will just take the full carbon. My friend does ride a six 13 and loves it though. Flip a quarter, extra money for goodies is always nice.

Edit: I am a moreon I found the system six and now it is a flip of the coin as far as I can see. Sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Falling Snow said:
The Synapse and SuperSix are both full carbon.

I am a little confused by the OP. The SystemSix Si series was from 2007, not 2008. The Six13 really didn't make sense to me either, and upon looking it up, it seems from the specs listed we're actually talking about a 2006 Six13 Pro 2..?
no the system six 3 SI liquigas is 2008 but it's exactly ''2007.5'', you can not see this model on 2007 systemsix, you have to go on 2007 bike but in the section ''new 2008 system six liquigas''.....

and about six 13, I know that, because that frame was a 2006 six13 pro and there had a small dent on the tube so the dealer has changed the frame for a new 613 team 2007.... with the same spec!!!
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,249 Posts
last I checked

shotojs78 said:
finally it's not 600$ but 400$ and it's not the same frame.... six 13 vs system six....

plus crank ultegra vs cannondale Si crank.... etc..
the difference between 'about $2100 and about $1500' is about $600, your math may be different but I went to grade school and learned my pluses and minuses
and I quote
"first one : six 13 team ( 2007) frame six 13 team without a cannondale Si crank (about 1500$)"
"the second one is : about 2100$$$"

your reading comprehension seems on par with your math


what I said
$600 extra $$ for the crank, D/A rear der and the Easton Fork?

you replied

plus crank ultegra vs cannondale Si crank.... etc..

first item I list is THE CRANK

I know the frames are different
will that really matter to you? NO
they are both better bikes than you or I will ever be as riders
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
atpjunkie said:
the difference between 'about $2100 and about $1500' is about $600, your math may be different but I went to grade school and learned my pluses and minuses
and I quote
"first one : six 13 team ( 2007) frame six 13 team without a cannondale Si crank (about 1500$)"
"the second one is : about 2100$$$"

your reading comprehension seems on par with your math


what I said
$600 extra $$ for the crank, D/A rear der and the Easton Fork?

you replied

plus crank ultegra vs cannondale Si crank.... etc..

first item I list is THE CRANK

I know the frames are different
will that really matter to you? NO
they are both better bikes than you or I will ever be as riders
the thing is the system six is now less exoensive, that's it!!
 

·
Not Banned
Joined
·
49,249 Posts
well that would be NEW info then wouldn't it?

shotojs78 said:
the thing is the system six is now less exoensive, that's it!!
so again ask yourself, what are the differences besides the frame?
are they worth the extra $ or would that money be better served in swank shoes.some good bibs, extra set of hoops, a long weekend get away?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
597 Posts
When in doubt, get the more expensive one. If you are like many folks, you might kick yourself for not buying the more expensive bike. However, you won't regret buying the pricier one.

This is all assuming that both bikes fit you, you like how both look, and you like how each of them feel when you ride.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top