Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help and opinions are needed to decide which road bike to buy. There are two road bikes that I'm interested in.
1. Diamondback Podium 2 '06
2. Trek 1000 (2006)

It seems like Diamondback Podium 2 '06 has better equipment compared to Trek 1000, but I could NOT find any reviews on Diamondback Podium 2 '06. The price is around $750-800 for both. Any opinions, suggestions, or experience on either bike are very much appreciated.

Another question: who makes Diamondback bikes?

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
Assuming the fit is good, either one should be fine. Diamondback is made in Taiwan, just like many other brands out there. Same factory as GT, I believe. At that price point, I would probably go for the better equipped bike, and get as much 105 as possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Big Bad John for the comment. I made the decision and got Diamondback Podium 2 '06 for $820+tax.

After another look around on www.diamondback.com, apparently, diamondback bikes are "manufactured" by Sun Rise Bicycle Industrial Co. Ltd. of Taiwan and Raleigh America Inc., of Kent, Wash.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
Didn't Bicycling magazine just rate the Trek 1000 as the best $700 bike they had ever reviewed?

I'm not all that big a fan of the mag or the brand but still.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.