Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Diverge carbon bike using the "n+1" excuse with wife as a " I'm gonna haul the baby in a trailer with that " but there is no way I'm gonna hook a baby trailer on a carbon frame.
Shoot me your best suggestions then. 1000 euro is the budget,possibly hydro brakes,drop bars of course.

·
mrwirey
195 Posts
I live in Italy.
Devastazione,
Bummer ... from a BikesDirect bike buying perspective that is.

I would never have guessed you were Italian as you have absolutely no accent (on the Internet anyway).

Very respectfully, Tim

·
mrwirey
195 Posts
I thought the way he pronounced "1000 euro" with his internet accent was a dead giveaway
Sorry Devastazione. tlg has Ninja-like observation skills, which are to be admired, even emulated :)thumbsup:); however, mine ... not so much. :blush2:

Oh well, I've picked myself up, dusted myself off, and moved on to a new thread to aid the next (hopefully, CONUS-based) RoadBikeReviewer in need! :D

Ciao and best of luck with your N+1(+1) search.

Very respectfully, Tim

·
Registered
727 Posts
I don't know if they're available in Italy but look at the Salsa and Surly line. Some great steel gravel bikes. I have a Salsa Vaya and love it for gravel and general JRA.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know if they're available in Italy but look at the Salsa and Surly line. Some great steel gravel bikes. I have a Salsa Vaya and love it for gravel and general JRA.
Yes they are available but they are considered a niche,very boutique like bikes,therefore discounts comes hard on them. Maybe I should wait for end of season sales but I'm afraid it won't do much. Gravel bikes are becoming hugely popular here in italy but unfortunately gravel riders are some sort of snobbish bunch of hipster folks all about the look and big brands hating, salsa-surly bike shops are capitalizing a lot on this,don't know if that's the case in the USA too. Rapha folks,get the pictures ?

Looks like I may be forced to look for an entry level aluminun Diverge,with 2 Diverges and a Tarmac Sworks think about all the hate I'll be getting...:D

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,411 Posts
Yes they are available but they are considered a niche,very boutique like bikes,therefore discounts comes hard on them. Maybe I should wait for end of season sales but I'm afraid it won't do much. Gravel bikes are becoming hugely popular here in italy but unfortunately gravel riders are some sort of snobbish bunch of hipster folks all about the look and big brands hating, salsa-surly bike shops are capitalizing a lot on this,don't know if that's the case in the USA too. Rapha folks,get the pictures ?

Looks like I may be forced to look for an entry level aluminun Diverge,with 2 Diverges and a Tarmac Sworks think about all the hate I'll be getting...:D

If you are getting hate from snobbish cyclists because your equipment isn't elite enough for them, then you need to re-think who you are riding with.

There are snobbish traditional road and mountain cyclists too. They aren't worth your time either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts