Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't make the race this week, but two brief amusing events from last week's:

* We've finished the stage 1 road race, and everyone's heading back to the staging area. Though it was seriously windy, everyone rode a pretty safe race; I only saw a couple of minor, run-off-the-road type falls. On the way back to the cars, three teammates were chatting right in front of me. One guy looks right but goes left, and takes knocks himself and his teammate down. This was the "worst" crash I saw all race! Thankfully, they were both fine, but the can't-look-where-he's-going guy did bang his knee pretty hard.

* Stage 2's circuit race is pretty twisty, and some people try to be helpful by calling out as they're passing. On the second lap, I notice a guy coming up behind me, and he says "on your right!"

"Uh, thanks, but that's left, dude."

"Oh, crap, sorry."

No harm, no foul, but it was sure funny.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
Argentius said:
* Stage 2's circuit race is pretty twisty, and some people try to be helpful by calling out as they're passing. On the second lap, I notice a guy coming up behind me, and he says "on your right!"

"Uh, thanks, but that's left, dude."

"Oh, crap, sorry."

No harm, no foul, but it was sure funny.
hah. That happened to me in my crit earlier today. He calls out RIGHT SIDE! I hear it from my left shoulder and know where he is. He pulls up next to me and give him a grin. He knows what he did. lol.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,734 Posts
i, uh i mean this guy, mastered the "clear sh!t i mean car right!" on the group ride this weekend. rumor has it a tiny hangover was the culprit. on a side note, belgian beer sure makes you strong the next morning, even if it screws up your communication... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.