Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently they are finalizing the details now but looks like there will be a cross race held there this season. This is where the Bakers Dozen, Snotcycle and Hotcycle races are held.

The quote: We have received final approval for this race from the landowners and I am really excited about this one. The course is approx 1.9 miles with some rocks and a short stretch of singletrack as well. It's gonna be a very "non-standard" cross race, and registration should open within the next 2-3 weeks. I am almost done with curse and my goal is to have a few seasoned 'cross racers ride it to give their input before an official preride.

Those of you who have raced this course during MTB season know it's a pretty fast course!!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
The date will have an impact on whether or not I can do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
c-lo said:
me too, me too.

Hey Guys Cool that you are thinking about this race! Race will be December 11.

We had a SpeedFreaks preride today and I took a few guys out for a preview of the cross course, response was pretty good, especially since there is some pretty untypical features for a cross race, as well as a bit with no existing trail or course established yet, just riding through the fields.

We have another preride next weekend and I will go ahead and extend offer to take anyone interested on a "first look" tour of the course. If interested, please let me know by responding here or PM. Ride will meet and depart from "normal" start finish area out there - even that that is NOT going to be start finish for our race.

The name of the race will be Cattle CROSSing - making a play on the origins of Cyclocross going through open fields, cow pastures, and through wooded areas as they raced from from town to town. Additionally, we are hosting the race on what is basically a cattle ranch. Included on the course will be bit of single track and some natural and manmade obstacles.

With all the features we plan to include, there is no way this will be a UCI or USACycling sanctioned race. We are offering a truly unique race course in todays age of rules and restrictions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts