Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Even some tin foil taken to that handlebar stem could have improved it, I've got things from www.yellowjersey.org before and sometimes, it just seems there are some interesting bike traders/cyclists in Wisconsin, Angelo or whatever the YJ guy is called was pleasurable to deal with though I feel in an internet forum I may have cross horns with him, perhaps it is other people too in that state too but I study the map sometimes and the towns selling the bicycles are not all that far apart. It's kind of crazy and some of these guys seem crazy meaning in a good way but to me, I wonder about the guy selling the shoddy headstem, he should have noticed that. For the longest time, someone was selling some nice bikes, not masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination but selling some nice rides from Iowa, now, same photo set up but they are selling them from Wisconsin, same write up and everything, I think there might be a Schwinn neon sign in some of the photos and the bike is always stood up on a bed sheet. I even got a bike off of ebay from Wisconsin, LOL, in the pictures you could see America's Dairy Land in the back ground, it came off of a farm, bike in fairly good condition but the seat post, honestly looked like it had been buried or something, the rest of the bike okay. You can ride from stateline to stateline they say all on a bike path and it's been that way for decades. Wisconsin Dells are beautiful. Sorry for the rant.

The way that bike is written about at ebay reminds me of a bit the way Angelo can write, I got a Pletscher front rack (attaches to the fork crowns of many vintage rides) and his funny little story seems similar. Handsome bike all the same. There are so many severely overpriced bikes on ebay, I bet one can go to the German, Belgian/French ebays and by chance could find something equally handsome for much less.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
raleighgranprix said:
Even some tin foil taken to that handlebar stem could have improved it, I've got things from www.yellowjersey.org before and sometimes, it just seems there are some interesting bike traders/cyclists in Wisconsin, Angelo or whatever the YJ guy is called was pleasurable to deal with though I feel in an internet forum I may have cross horns with him, perhaps it is other people too in that state too but I study the map sometimes and the towns selling the bicycles are not all that far apart. It's kind of crazy and some of these guys seem crazy meaning in a good way but to me, I wonder about the guy selling the shoddy headstem, he should have noticed that. For the longest time, someone was selling some nice bikes, not masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination but selling some nice rides from Iowa, now, same photo set up but they are selling them from Wisconsin, same write up and everything, I think there might be a Schwinn neon sign in some of the photos and the bike is always stood up on a bed sheet. I even got a bike off of ebay from Wisconsin, LOL, in the pictures you could see America's Dairy Land in the back ground, it came off of a farm, bike in fairly good condition but the seat post, honestly looked like it had been buried or something, the rest of the bike okay. You can ride from stateline to stateline they say all on a bike path and it's been that way for decades. Wisconsin Dells are beautiful. Sorry for the rant.

The way that bike is written about at ebay reminds me of a bit the way Angelo can write, I got a Pletscher front rack (attaches to the fork crowns of many vintage rides) and his funny little story seems similar. Handsome bike all the same. There are so many severely overpriced bikes on ebay, I bet one can go to the German, Belgian/French ebays and by chance could find something equally handsome for much less.
Yer thinking of Andy Muzzi- I was just in the yellow jersey shop this weekend. And so was he, in his beard, ponytail and sportcoat, with his customary "how may I serve Sir?"...

He's like a more opinionated, less tolerant of stupid questions Sheldon Brown.

His parts are all overpriced right up until you need them, and then they are the only place on earth that has them, and you realize he's charging exactly what they're worth, because you are willing to pay exactly that much to get your latest project back up and running.

Wisconsin is truly an awesome place to ride. Until Late November, then it's miserable til April.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts