Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
it depends how much money you have to burn. is Roubaix comfortable and geometry/size fits you well? If the answer is yes then in general, yes, you are crazy. 8^) almost everyone who reads these forums here is crazy! welcome to the club! 8^)

i had 2004 Roubaix Comp, it was a very good bike. Stolen from my house along with a lot of other personal stuff... Sadly missed. I would not swap Roubaix for a Tarmac unless you race crits. Long rides on average roads is where Roubaix is good. Fast or slow.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Are you keeping the Roubaix? Many of us RBR members enjoy having more than one road bike. If I only had one, I would missed the ride today.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jd3 said:
Are you keeping the Roubaix? Many of us RBR members enjoy having more than one road bike. If I only had one, I would missed the ride today.
I would keep the Roubaix. And have the Tarmac in addition, for fast club rides and maybe some local road races.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
If one is good... then two is better.

Just like boobs. And yes, I would sleep with a woman with infinity amount of boobs okay?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have a Roubaix and a Tarmac. Several people here have purchased a Roubaix and then a Tarmac. It rarely seems to be the other way around. I don't regret having both.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dr_John said:
I have a Roubaix and a Tarmac. Several people here have purchased a Roubaix and then a Tarmac. It rarely seems to be the other way around. I don't regret having both.
Does the difference in climbing and handling justify the purchase in your opinion?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts