Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
It's all ball bearings
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been raining since Sunday(?) and the 10 day forcast is pretty much rain, rain, rain. What happened to the 85 degree/sunny weather we were teased with last week? :mad:

I had to dig deep to force myself to get out to do a hill workout yesterday when the rain was pouring down like a tall cow pi$$ing on a flat rock, arrgh. I'm ready for summer already!

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
Thank you

BenWA said:
What happened to the 85 degree/sunny weather we were teased with last week? :mad:
You've sent it out to New England, where it's been raining for the last three weeks. Your weather is scheduled to arrive here on Memorial Day. Thanks a lot; we appreciate it.

I had noticed the Seattle weather report last week, on one of those days when I was riding home in a 50-degree downpour.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
oh well I just have to deal with 70 partly cloudy to sunny

about 300 plus days a year. Arizona? have fun waking up at 4 AM to get a ride in before the heat kills ya. All I've had to deal with is headwinds coming off the ocean.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
atpjunkie said:
about 300 plus days a year. Arizona? have fun waking up at 4 AM to get a ride in before the heat kills ya. All I've had to deal with is headwinds coming off the ocean.
What are you talking about? I do the ride home from work/school at around 3-4pm, right in the heat of the Tucson day. Sure, riding home when it was 115 deg. F was sub-optimal, but riding when it's 100-105 isn't tortuous. Less than 100 is just dandy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The thing that I don't like, is that I have to wash and lube my bike after only one ride (This isn't mountain biking!)

It would be nice if it would dry up for at least one day so I can mow my lawn.

·
BS the DC
1,426 Posts
I use to live in Portland. I usually found nicer weather on the East side of the Cascades. I use to go for frequent camping/biking trips.

G

·
BenWA said:
It's been raining since Sunday(?) and the 10 day forcast is pretty much rain, rain, rain. What happened to the 85 degree/sunny weather we were teased with last week? :mad:

I had to dig deep to force myself to get out to do a hill workout yesterday when the rain was pouring down like a tall cow pi$$ing on a flat rock, arrgh. I'm ready for summer already!

We are getting the spill over from your crappy weather - 90 degrees last wek, this week we're building the freaking Ark.

I think we slept through Summer.

It was last Thursday.

·
It's all ball bearings
5,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bsdc said:
I use to live in Portland. I usually found nicer weather on the East side of the Cascades. I use to go for frequent camping/biking trips.
I haven't ridden over on the east side much. That is definitely something I ought to do more of during the wet season.

·
Have a nice day
5,878 Posts
I can't believe you're complaining about a little rain after the last month+ of dry, generally sunny weather. Between mid-April and last Sunday we got, what, half an inch of rain? I have already been sunburned several times this year and it's not even June yet :thumbsup:

·
BS the DC
1,426 Posts
The good news is you're just about to be in about 3 months of heaven.

·
Cobalt Thorium G?
63 Posts
Amen brother

BenWA said:
Yeah, well that's what we've been doing all winter long...but there's a point where it starts to get old and a summer of nice weather is craved.
Amen brother! I had put my winter riding gear away for the "summer," but appently I acted in hast. In order to ride in a fashon of comfort, I had to dig out my wool socks and rain gear.

I'm ready for clear skies and dry roads

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
BenWA said:
I haven't ridden over on the east side much. That is definitely something I ought to do more of during the wet season.

Not like its any better here. Its like a bad relationship...

Freakin awesome for a day, hell for weeks, freakin awesome for a day, hell for weeks....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.