Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Moreon!

Votes: 3 14.3%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If everything goes well, it should be delivered this week. There are two Altimas in Chicago with the options I want - that's as far as the dealer's willing to get a car from. I'd prefer the dark blue or light green, but they're too far away One is dark grey, and the other is silver...they have examples of each on the lot, so I took pictures this afternoon.

What do you think? The car will have wheels like the silver example, not the grey one's wheel covers. I'm leaning towards the dark grey, even if it does show more dirt. I might prefer the silver, however, if the interior is grey instead of black.

No prizes for anything, and there are no guarantees that I'll get the one ya'll like. And yes, I am a loser who can't make decisions.

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
I like the dark grey one, too. But both are nice so either would be a good choice.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
White. I know it is not on your list but they look great and stay cleaner looking without washing it every other day.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everydaybike said:
Dark Grey!

Fewer of them on the road...

Yes, they are a sweet auto.

V6 or 4cyl?
I was thinking that, too. I see many more silver Altimas (and other cars in general) than dark grey. I wish it was more like the Avalon's dark grey (my top car choice, but $10k more), but it's still nice.

I'm going with the 4 to save money. I'd like to save more and get it with a manual, but Nissan won't let you get any option packages when you go with the stick. You can get the big option package if you get the V6 with a stick, but that baloons the price something scary. Either way, I've driven the 4 and know it's not that bad, even in today's horsepower-crazy market.

I thought about waiting for the revamped MY07 model with a CVT, but I'm getting a good price on this and since it's a few years into its model cycle, there'll be less problems.

This is dumb - the option that I'm having trouble finding is the ABS/side airbag package. WTF? Who doesn't want ABS on their car?! And why isn't is standard? Sheesh.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigrider said:
White. I know it is not on your list but they look great and stay cleaner looking without washing it every other day.
No thanks - my current car's white, and I'm sick of it. Time for a change! :)

Hey, who voted for "moreon?" Imbisil!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Dark Gray is classier looking.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
firstrax said:
The spinners will look better on dark grey.
And don't forget the bobble head dog...

·
Collin's Dad
1,858 Posts
On the subject of white vehicles. I drove an 91 white Ford Expoder and form 00-04, what did I get to replace it? A white 01 Trooper, geez why do I drive a white box all the time? I do like the white though b/c you never really need to wash your vehicle, but when you do it looks clean, but it's strange how you don't remember it looking dirty before.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Too many silver cars on the road. I had a (black) '94 Altima. It was a great car. If you're going for accessories do the dashboard Jesus:

I don't care if it rains or freezes
'long as I got my plastic Jesus
sitting on the dashboard of my car

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Girchy, go for the dk grey. There are so many bloody silver coloured cars out there, it's nice to stand out a little. Good choice on the model, btw, but I am disappointed that you're not buying Swedish ;).
Cheers, Wayne

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
GirchyGirchy said:
I thought about waiting for the revamped MY07 model with a CVT, but I'm getting a good price on this and since it's a few years into its model cycle, there'll be less problems.
I wouldn't get a CVT. I've never driven one though. I'm basing my opinion on what I have read about the Nissan Murano. Sluggish.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wayneanneli said:
Girchy, go for the dk grey. There are so many bloody silver coloured cars out there, it's nice to stand out a little. Good choice on the model, btw, but I am disappointed that you're not buying Swedish ;).
Cheers, Wayne
Yeah, yeah. I actually looked at the Volvo V50, for about ten seconds...I kept wondering why the seat wouldn't go back any further, and finally realized there wasn't any more travel. My feet wouldn't fit and my knees hit the steering wheel. Nice looking car, though!

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I thought you were younger than that. Altima's seem like a 40 year old's car. NTTAWTT.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Silver is sooo CPA. Be brave. Get black. Yes, it's a PITA to keep clean, but when it's clean, nothing is purdier.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts