Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Why is Creaky ill and absent?

• Creaky got a snack from the cat box again.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Creaky found a boobie and doesn't have time for us anymore

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Creaky is in the hospital

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creaky's been into the chain lube again

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creaky is in bed between squirt episodes, and dreaming of Lance

Votes: 8 42.1%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creaky's been gone for over 11 hours (unless I'm blind). Creaky is always here. Creaky has had the squirts and feeling like [email protected] all over for a week. Creaky finally went to the doctor today...but Creaky has not been here to post results. This is not like Creaky.

Hope he's OK.

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
Ugh. No poal. You fail.

Now poast some more lounge kit pics as retribution.

/// Disclaimer: NUTT crashed the scooter tonight, got some road rash, busted his hip & knee and is hopped up on ibuprofen and beer. He is not responsible for thinking OEH is teh hawt.

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
Creaky: What does that mean?

/// Tired of beer, I'm going to polish off the bottle of Pinot Noir sitting in the kitchen.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Yay he's alive!! :) I was about to send some good vibes over the interwebs - so I guess I'll have to send some "get-100%-ASAP" vibes in your direction ;)

Now report

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fail but rectified. Poal up, but still fail. Creaky here and OK!

Hey toomany, I've been dealing with blood and body fluids for 20-plus years. It's table talk amongst us medical peeps! :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:

Hey toomany, I've been dealing with blood and body fluids for 20-plus years. It's table talk amongst us medical peeps! :)
and I worked for several years at a nursing home, so you can't make me squirm either :)

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:

Haha...you said rectified. :D

Once a month a big group of us nurses used to get together for breakfast after our night shift ended. The conversations at those breakfasts were legendary. One of two things always happened...people at the next table would either move away because our convo disgusted them or else they would move closer so they could hear. :thumbsup:

G

·
OldEndicottHiway said:

I am only the second person in my family for 3 generations that I know of who did not go into some form of medical career.

The only other one who broke the bounds was a Research Scientist in wave dynamics and aerospace engineering. :confused:

During my childhood he lived about 3500 miles away so wasn't much help to me.

Just imagine how much fun family gatherings were in my family - especially for me.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NUTT said:
Creaky: What does that mean?

/// Tired of beer, I'm going to polish off the bottle of Pinot Noir sitting in the kitchen.

Hope you're not too bunged up from that scooter crash. Doesn't sound like it was fun at all.

Good Pinot is marvelous. Bad Pinot is worse than Night Train. Hope you got the good Pinot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toomanybikes said:
I am only the second person in my family for 3 generations that I know of who did not go into some form of medical career.

The only other one who broke the bounds was a Research Scientist in wave dynamics and aerospace engineering. :confused:

During my childhood he lived about 3500 miles away so wasn't much help to me.

Just imagine how much fun family gatherings were in my family - especially for me.

Hee hee. :D

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lets_ride said:
Haha...you said rectified. :D

Once a month a big group of us nurses used to get together for breakfast after our night shift ended. The conversations at those breakfasts were legendary. One of two things always happened...people at the next table would either move away because our convo disgusted them or else they would move closer so they could hear. :thumbsup:
I did! Must have been a subconscious-subliminilinimal thing.

And your breakfast club? Oh yeah. Good times, L_R, good times. Especially after night shift when everyone's all ringy-dingy anyway. :thumbsup:

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
Hope you're not too bunged up from that scooter crash. Doesn't sound like it was fun at all.

Good Pinot is marvelous. Bad Pinot is worse than Night Train. Hope you got the good Pinot. :thumbsup:
We always have good Pinot... what's the point in buying the cheap/bad stuff?

I've got a little road rash on my left arm, only the first layer or two of skin (no big deal). I'm a little concerned about my left knee though. It is stiff, sore & a little swollen. I've had surgery on it twice & it hasn't been feeling good lately anyway. This might be just enough to put me under the knife again (looking at a possible resurfacing or replacement).

The funny part is that I own a ton of safety gear, but opted not to wear a jacket because I was only going to be going "spandex speed".

·
hold my beer n watch this
1,756 Posts
The last option is creepy and disturbing to me on many levels. Creaky will know why.
I hope he is doing better.
He hasn't been riding buses in drag lately has he?

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
A friend of mine lived up in Vail for a few years after school. He was engaged to and ended up marrying a nurse. I would go up and we would go out to dinner. Of course other nurses joined us for dinner and drinks. The conversations were always about blown knees, hips and other fun skiing injuries. I can't say they were very motiviating for skiing the next day. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.