Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Collections Idjucts & Moreons keep calling; what should Teh Fishr do?

• Track down Susan Enders and stab her in teh liverz...

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Track down Susan Enders and stab her in teh spleenz...

• Track down Susan Enders and tell her to "Suck it, Wildebeest!"

• Tell them I am Susan Enders & ask them to hold for a minute: I have 900 minutes per month

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Whisper for one minute, Scream for one minute....rinse, repeat

• Give them BoJo's number and be done with it....

Votes: 4 30.8%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The situation: Apparently, Susan Enders bought something. Susan Enders gave a phone number when she signed up for what she bought. Susan Enders did not give her real phone number. Susan Enders gave my phone number. My cell phone number.

I've asked repeatedly to be taken off the list, The collections idjucts and moreons are still calling me, three months later. What should a Fish do? What sayeth Teh Loonje?

·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
Susan? Yes, she's here, but she can't talk right now. My **** is in her mouth. Want her to call you back when I'm done?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Just have long pointless chats with them about Beets, Pie or NNC.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Call the Atty. General's office and complain. Then, the next time the collection peeps call, tell them that you've filed a formal complaint.....

We had somebody give their new credit card company OUR address......

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
ask them if you can borrow some money. you're behind on a few bills and would like to catch up.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
I get these at work pretty regularly. What I love the best is the attitude that the agent takes when I tell them they have the wrong number - "Oh yea, right, just pay your bill."

Mine have always just gone away.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
same thing happened to me on my company-issued blackberry.

apparently the dude who had the # before was quite a deadbeat; I've been with the company 2 years now and still get the occasional collector.

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
I just ignored them and sent them to voicemail. It took a year, but they finally stopped calling.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
I get all kinds of calls on our house line for the family that had the line last. It got really bad a few months ago when National City was calling 3-4 times daily. I finally called Nat.city and spoke to the agent who kept calling. After explaining that those people were no longer at this number, the calls stopped.

We get lots of calls from her "mental health coach" though. Seems like these people had some issues.

I basically ignore everything though. If its that important, they'll leave a message.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
FishrCutB8 said:
The situation: Apparently, Susan Enders bought something. Susan Enders gave a phone number when she signed up for what she bought. Susan Enders did not give her real phone number. Susan Enders gave my phone number. My cell phone number.

I've asked repeatedly to be taken off the list, The collections idjucts and moreons are still calling me, three months later. What should a Fish do? What sayeth Teh Loonje?
It doesn't work in every situation, but I've had the most luck as follows:

1) don't answer the call, but get the number. Not the one they leave on voicemail, but the originating number from caller ID.
2) call said number. It'll be a VRU, there will not be an option to be removed from a list, nor to talk to a human. No matter. Press 0#.
3) Press 0# again at the next menu, and probably again. Possibly again. Eventually, it will ring through to a real human, even if that option is never presented.
4) The human will ask for your account number. Tell them that you don't have an account. They'll ask why you are calling, and you can politely (yes really) but firmly explain to them that you are getting Susan's calls, but you are not Susan, you don't know Susan, and this is running up quite a bit on your cell phone bill. Ask to have that number removed from their list.

I've had success with it a few times, and every time I've tried it. It sometimes takes a day or two to get through the system, but repeat if needed. Talking to the collector/caller does no good at all. They're not equipped to handle the complaint, and aren't paid to take the time to see that it is. The people answering 0# are complaint/service folk, and are incented to clear problems.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
a) Don't you have caller ID?.....Why do you answer?.....Any "unknown caller" calls that I get, go the the machine.

b) Tell them that part of her is still in the refrigerator.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts