Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just scrolling through the results at the bottom of the recap of today's stage (11) and noticed that in the maillot vert competition, the guys way at the bottom of the classification have negative points.

Now, I thought I knew how the points were doled out, but I don't ever remember points being deducted for anything. Anyone know how you can not care about the green jersey so much that you end up in the red?

·
What offseason?
534 Posts
Fast Eddie said:
I was just scrolling through the results at the bottom of the recap of today's stage (11) and noticed that in the maillot vert competition, the guys way at the bottom of the classification have negative points.

Now, I thought I knew how the points were doled out, but I don't ever remember points being deducted for anything. Anyone know how you can not care about the green jersey so much that you end up in the red?
You can lose points for stuff like holding onto the car, drafting the car too long, drafting other riders in the TT or taking an illegal feed. Riders who never score points and might have gotten caught taking a tow off the team car will most likely have negative points.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.