Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Have good, get give
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I've found my new calling. Online poker while on a fluid trainer. Couldn't imagine doing this on rollers. Got the laptop setup on a high counter where I can just reach out and hit the function keys and make the bets.

Much better than playing madden as I don't end up with the crick in the neck from having to watch the screen 100% of the time.

Anyone else?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Evidently not.

Your post was lonely, so I decided to reply. Welcome to NCD.....OOOPS! I mean "The Lounge".

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Can you keep a poker face while on the trainer?

·
Registered
180 Posts
culdeus said:
I think I've found my new calling. Online poker while on a fluid trainer. Couldn't imagine doing this on rollers. Got the laptop setup on a high counter where I can just reach out and hit the function keys and make the bets.

Much better than playing madden as I don't end up with the crick in the neck from having to watch the screen 100% of the time.

Anyone else?
I'm not a poker player, but I do play a lot of Xbox when I have to do a long, slow, easy day on the trainer. Usually it's a racing game or Halo 2 though. Nothing like trying explain to people on Xbox Live that you are not breathing like a pervert on the telephone, you're just a little winded from riding your bike while playing video games... "heh... heh... heh... heh... heh... heh..."

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
what's a trainer?

oh you mean you have to ride a bike indoors.

ah ha hah hahh hahha haaaa

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,405 Posts
If you are able to do anything like that on a trainer, you're going way too slow.

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
snapdragen said:
Evidently not.

Your post was lonely, so I decided to reply. Welcome to NCD.....OOOPS! I mean "The Lounge".
Heck... I thought he was talkin about a hot chica...

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
atpjunkie said:
oh you mean you have to ride a bike indoors.

ah ha hah hahh hahha haaaa
i know yer a big fella, but keep that up and we're gonna tussle.

beyotch.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
/you, asshat.:p May the bird of paradise drop a load on yer helmet.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Kram59 said:
/you, asshat.:p May the bird of paradise drop a load on yer helmet.
f*ck that, i have a friend with a flying rhino.

if we can raise $75, it's hooked up.

no worries.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
culdeus said:

Anyone else?
I post online whilst on the trainer, it can be highly entertaining. WOOT!

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
If you are able to do anything like that on a trainer, you're going way too slow.
Well, it depends on what your supposed to do that day. Training schedules etc. anything in zone 2 is really easy. This time of year really you should still be slogging on the base miles. Atleast I should. So I'm told. That's what I hear. YMMV. Etc, etc.

A trainer workout should mimic the time your supposed to be doing on the road. Atleast I should. So I'm told. That's what I hear. YMMV. Etc, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts