Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had the problem of once in awhile the screen "jumbling-up" in a confused manner when operating either the upper or lower display buttons on the side? I have had this occur several times, thought i fixed it with replacing the battery spring but just did it again. Happens more when I wear it running vs. on my bike's mount. Any thoughts out there?

·
Registered
54 Posts
bradnicholson said:
Anyone else had the problem of once in awhile the screen "jumbling-up" in a confused manner when operating either the upper or lower display buttons on the side? I have had this occur several times, thought i fixed it with replacing the battery spring but just did it again. Happens more when I wear it running vs. on my bike's mount. Any thoughts out there?

While I haven't had that issue with either of the buttons on the side, I've noticed the main Stop/Start button doesn't always stop/start. Kinda frustrating. I would guess the contacts are beginning to wear. I have had my A5 for a year and would hope it is good for at least a couple more seasons.... I guess we will see.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
bradnicholson said:
Run away from that thing! I had one for a couple of months and returned it. It had the same symptoms so I sent it back to polar for repairs. They said it was the battery. 2 weeks after getting it back it did it again and again . I have read of similar problems with the A5 in many reviews. I have an S120 now which works fine (so far).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.