Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Polar CAD 200 wireless HRM w/ cadence cycle computer. Thing has been flawless w/ little/zero interference even under power lines. Now about 3 months old, I get an occasional "paused" on the monitor, all the readings go to zero - then it resumes very shortly. Is that a sign the battery is going low?

Thanks.

Tampa Roadie

·
Still On Steel
2,391 Posts
Do you have AutoStart turned on?

tampa roadie said:
Is that a sign the battery is going low?
Possibly; I've had mine for only a month, so I don't know what to expect on battery life.

However ... I was getting the same behavior when I had AutoStart turned ON. Typically it was when I slowed down considerably, such as to cross a railroad track, but a few times it happened at higher speeds. Turning AutoStart OFF cured the problem instantly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did the same thing.

I have the C200 also. I have mine mounted on the handlebar stem and noticed if it moved a little towards the left it would hide behind the aluminum stem and lose the signal from the speed sending unit. All I had to do was center it on the stem again. It seems to be sensitive to line of sight. Don't know if that's your case but it works for me, no problems anymore. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.