Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for some help from anyone who has had one or does have one. i just bought my heart rate monitor and would like to upload my info to polarpersonal trainer. it says you need a soundcard and microphone.

will onboard sound work as long you have a microphone? i was looking at getting a cheap 5 dollar microphone just to upload my info. i wasnt sure if a "soundcard" could also mean onboard sound in the system requirements

·
Registered
35 Posts
My onboard sound card works great. I actually use a pair of iPod ear buds plugged into my microphone jack. Signal is a little weak, but does the job. If you have a set of headphones, I'd give it a try before spending any money on a microphone.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh ok thank you. i was trying with my normal speakers and it kept saying no sound card detected. the program im using is polar weblink

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried using my headphones from my ipod plugged into my mic jack but it keeps saying theres no response and to try again

·
Registered
627 Posts
I use the mic that came with my xbox360 Rock Band game. It works fine. Any mic should work just make sure it is not to noisy when you make the transfer.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update ...

i got it to work. i disabled my firewall, turned my mic settings up and enabled mic boost in the windows sound control panel. i also turned my speakers off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts