Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed the software for my Polar 720i HR monitor, but my computer is having trouble locating the drivers for the IR input divise. I am running windows XP Pro. Any suggestions to locate these files?

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Newf Nut said:
I have installed the software for my Polar 720i HR monitor, but my computer is having trouble locating the drivers for the IR input divise. I am running windows XP Pro. Any suggestions to locate these files?
The IR drivers are supposedly installed along with the Polar application, there are new versions available from the Polar website with the latest drivers.

Some iRDA devices and drivers do not work once it comes time to dl data from the watch. I found a cheap USB iRDA device, installed it correctly and found that it didn't link with the watch correctly. Following that I purchased the slightly more expensive Polar iRDA interface. I pluuged in the Polar device, let Windows XP find the drivers automatically, and in 20 seconds was able to connect and downlaod data from my 720i.

Polar technical support is worth a call if your still having problems.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Polar IR USB drivers

thinkcooper said:
The IR drivers are supposedly installed along with the Polar application, there are new versions available from the Polar website with the latest drivers.
I seem to remember that the USB drivers were removed from the default installs/updates a while back. I believe I read that in one of the readme files that came with an update.

Try going to Polar's website to locate the drivers. If the IP interface has already been plugged in, you will probably have to remove the unknown device from the Windows device list and then unplug it. Plug it back in once the drivers have been loaded.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Must have the right device..

Polar packaging must say XP compatible. There is a lot of old inventory that is still out, that just won't work. Once you have the right device, sometimes, you have to manually install the USB driver from the installed software. If you have the right device and still need help, post again....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts