Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a S720I watch and I am thinking that the battery will need to be replaced at the end of this season. I have heard that Polar isn't the best with their turn around time when you send in a watch. Has anyone here replaced the battery themselves or had a local watch shop do it? I am just curious if it is the type of thing that Polar "has" to do themselves.

· Registered
1 Posts
I sent my S720i to Polar earlier this spring and they turned it around in a week - Sent on Monday and had it back by Thursday or Friday.

I sent mine to the Mich facility pre-authorized for payment of all likely replacement/repair needs.

I don't know that Polar "has to do" this, though it's a pricey replacement if it goes wrong, IMO.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the report. I will more than likely just send it in once the winter hits.

· Registered
28 Posts
Not much to too it really. The battery inside my s720i is a Panasonic CR2032 3v. I just made sure to write down my records just in case. Remove the four screws, replace the battery and your done. Once it was put back together, it was back up and my records were still there.

c0braje7 said:
I have a S720I watch and I am thinking that the battery will need to be replaced at the end of this season. I have heard that Polar isn't the best with their turn around time when you send in a watch. Has anyone here replaced the battery themselves or had a local watch shop do it? I am just curious if it is the type of thing that Polar "has" to do themselves.

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
I've always done it myself, but I hesitate to recomend others to do it. It's both very easy, and very hard, depending on what sort of person you are. I know a few people who have tried it, and found out the hard way, what happens when you loose a tiny part that you can hardly see. If you are able to add memory to a computer, you should be able to change a Polar battery. On the other hand, if you are the type of person who has to buy new sunglasses every six months, because you sit on them, you should send it into Polar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.