Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm running a Polar S720i IrDA transferable HRM. i need some help!!! up until yesterday i didn't have the ability to transfer files to my computer but now i do. the problem is before i was able to, i ran out of memory so i went "file" and then deleted each file (which was only 28, the S720i is supposed to hold 99 files) anyway, when i would hit start the wrist unit would say "mem full" so i deleted the old files. however, there are now zero files stored on the unit but when i hit "start" i yet again get the "mem full" message. my uncle tried a factory reset by pushing the reset button and holding the "stop" button until the time came back, it was unseccussful, i tried transfering to my computer with no success. has anyone had this problem, any reset or remove memory ideas? much thanks

triflow man

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
Try contacting polar tech support via their web site, www.polar.fi. When I have questions, they usually get back to me very quickly and are quite helpful.

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
russellhitchcock said:
i'm running a Polar S720i IrDA transferable HRM. i need some help!!! up until yesterday i didn't have the ability to transfer files to my computer but now i do. the problem is before i was able to, i ran out of memory so i went "file" and then deleted each file (which was only 28, the S720i is supposed to hold 99 files) anyway, when i would hit start the wrist unit would say "mem full" so i deleted the old files. however, there are now zero files stored on the unit but when i hit "start" i yet again get the "mem full" message. my uncle tried a factory reset by pushing the reset button and holding the "stop" button until the time came back, it was unseccussful, i tried transfering to my computer with no success. has anyone had this problem, any reset or remove memory ideas? much thanks

triflow man
The file size determines how many files it will hold. If you have a high sample rate, and go on an ultramarathon ride, your one file will fill the memory- just like any other "computer."

I always delete files through my PC while synched- I know of no other reliable way. I suggest you try that before calling out the dogs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always delete files through my PC while synched- I know of no other reliable way. I suggest you try that before calling out the dogs.

you can delete files by going to "files" and holding down "stop" or you can go to each individual files and hold "stop" and delete them like that. that is what i did to remove my files. the files are no longer on my unit, but the watch is still reconozing these files as on the watch. when i tried to transer anything existing from my watch to my computer, but nothing was transfered. accoring to my watch the memory is full even though it contains no exercise files, according t othe computer it has nothing on it.

russell hitchcock

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
russellhitchcock said:

you can delete files by going to "files" and holding down "stop" or you can go to each individual files and hold "stop" and delete them like that. that is what i did to remove my files. the files are no longer on my unit, but the watch is still reconozing these files as on the watch. when i tried to transer anything existing from my watch to my computer, but nothing was transfered. accoring to my watch the memory is full even though it contains no exercise files, according t othe computer it has nothing on it.

russell hitchcock
You don't hold down "stop" (lower left button) but "light" (upper left button) to delete files.

One thing you might do to diagnose this would be to connect using the PPP software and on the "Exercise files" tab, it should tell you how much memory it thinks is free.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fredke said:
One thing you might do to diagnose this would be to connect using the PPP software and on the "Exercise files" tab, it should tell you how much memory it thinks is free.
what is the PPP software? connecting to the computer or is this something on the watch???

thanks
russell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts