Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Overequipped, underlegged
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this Polar CS300 that i got for my birthday this past november, and i dig it.
BUT! the software available for it is just an internet thingy that only tells you the number of miles per trip, average and max speeds and average and max heart rates. It does show you the evolution of the distance you've cycled over several days, weeks, months ETC but it doesn't show you (and this is what i'm REALLY interested in) the evolution of speed and heart rate during a particular ride, or for example the evolution in average speed over several weeks or months.
is this a limitation of the software or do I just not know how to use it? Consdiering what the thing costs, i was expecting something a little more flexible.
If it isn't me, are there any other options?
and also, does anyone know how to delete exercises from the watche's memory so that they don't get transferred to that internet thingy it uses (polarpersonaltrainer.com if anyone's interested)?
cheers!

·
Registered
768 Posts
You need the analysis software installed onto your computer. It appears from the Polar website that it does not come with the CS300 (although it says it is compatable). I use Polar Protrainer 5 - it came with me CS600. Before that I used Polar Precision Performance (basically the same as PT5) - it came with my S720i.

I'll bet if you ask around someone who has a polar could loan you the disk or perhaps you could buy the software from polar.

You'll also need one of those Infrared port thingys if you don't already have one.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.