Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Pop Tarts:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pop tarts: Gods gift to mankind or a product of Satan?

Help settle of small work dispute.
Thank you.

cinnamon, thats my favorite so I'm on record, the fruit ones are generally crap unless your camping

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
haiku d'etat said:
both, and other. i voted in yer pole. beyotch.

it was great to meat you, ya bastid.

ditto and back at ya. 2 rules: Never start a land war in asia and never try to out drink atp

shoulda warned you

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
svend said:

Thank you.
both, and other. i voted in yer pole. beyotch.

other: ultracycling food of the gods.

i used to get out on the bike in the dark AM before our group rides, with a little packey of pop tarts in el jersey pocketo. perfect start. followed it with strawberry ensure.

btw, my son is hooked on pop-tarts. he's nearly six years old, but has a few issues (as you likely have read here). he calls them "breakfast cookies".

it was great to meat you, ya bastid.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
I adore Pop-Tarts. They are evil, but I love them. Because of the evil, they're rarely in the house, but every once in a while I break down and get some. Mmmm, sacrilicious!

My faves, in reverse order (I'll eat any of them, but these are what I buy):

Frosted Blueberry
Unfrosted Blueberry
Frosted Brown Sugar and Cinnamon

Girlygirl thinks I'm a moreon because I buy the BS&C ones, because they're "Sugar" flavored. Never thought of it that way before her, and it IS a little weird. I still buy them, though.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
They're simply junk food, IMO. I would rather eat an entire bag of old-fashioned potato chips than PTs, if I was in a junk food mood.
Cheers, Wayne

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
svend said:
ditto and back at ya. 2 rules: Never start a land war in asia and never try to out drink atp

shoulda warned you
1) i started early

2) he started late

3) i would have kicked his ass on the sunday ride, without oversleeping.

at least it would have been the first 15-minute asskicking, then he'd have called a cab for The J's. ;)

ATP is in my top 3 favorite people of all time.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I would definitely not make it through the semester without the brown sugar & cinnamon and frosted strawberry pop tarts. Quick grab breakfast for those days with 8ams, great midnight snack, etc etc.

Also, I got that chicken little fleece cap they offered in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Badass. Just badass.

http://www.kelloggs.com/promotions/chicken_little/snowcap.shtml

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Gig 'em said:
I would definitely not make it through the semester without the brown sugar & cinnamon and frosted strawberry pop tarts. Quick grab breakfast for those days with 8ams, great midnight snack, etc etc.

Also, I got that chicken little fleece cap they offered in the mail a couple of weeks ago. Badass. Just badass.

http://www.kelloggs.com/promotions/chicken_little/snowcap.shtml

dude, that IS badasssssss.count me in, next trip to the gro store.

how large do they get? i have a fat head.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Pop tarts are a tool of the devil. A much less nutritious food you're not likely to find--still at mile 50 of a century they can get you to the finish.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
bikeboy389 said:
I adore Pop-Tarts. They are evil, but I love them. Because of the evil, they're rarely in the house, but every once in a while I break down and get some. Mmmm, sacrilicious!

My faves, in reverse order (I'll eat any of them, but these are what I buy):

Frosted Blueberry
Unfrosted Blueberry
Frosted Brown Sugar and Cinnamon

Girlygirl thinks I'm a moreon because I buy the BS&C ones, because they're "Sugar" flavored. Never thought of it that way before her, and it IS a little weird. I still buy them, though.
try the spongebob ones. they used to be called "wildberry". also, the yogurt-frosted strawberry are great!

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Untoasted: Awesome.
Toasted: Not cool--the filling burns your mouth.
Concur.

I pop mine in the microwave for about 10 seconds just to get 'em nice and gooey (but not hot).

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
The caramel and the s'more ones are manna from heaven. Carried down on the wings of pure white doves and gently placed into aluminum pouches to be stacked into the convenient one box serving size.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
I wear a 7 3/8 fitted cap, and the adult size chicken little thing still has plenty of stretch for a bigger head than mine.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Pop Tart Century

The only ones that I eat are the brown sugar cinnamon ones. Last summer, I was on a 120+ mile ride with a group of guys -- we had a SAG meeting us at preappointed places where we could get drinks and eat the food that each of us had provided for ourselves. One of the guys had a case of pop tarts. I grew tired of the food I had with me. By mile 50 I was devouring the other guy's pop tarts. I think that I had about 10 of them before we finished. I never felt better at the end of a long ride. That's not to say that I will abandon my tried and true century diet -- bagels and bannanas for the first 60 miles, ham sandwiches, potato chips and coca-cola for the rest of the ride.

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gig 'em said:
Concur.

I pop mine in the microwave for about 10 seconds just to get 'em nice and gooey (but not hot).
My new trick, being impatient when it come to food:
Open pack and start eating first Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon Toaster Pastry, insert second pastry into toaster oven. When done eating 1st, about 30 seconds, 2nd is warmed to perfection, Goldilocks like, not too hot, not too cold......

More info for fence sitters:

Calories:100
Total fat 14g....no trans fat
Sodium: 340mg
Total carb: 69g....SEE clearly a sign from upon high, heavenly food
Protein: 5g

·
Super Moderator
19,478 Posts
Gift From God

svend said:

Thank you.
The way I see it, you can eat whatever you want in the morning 'cause chances are you'll burn it off during the day.

Now dinner is something else entirely. If you eat a heavy dinner with dessert and booze and all and then go to sleep, you'll not burn any of it off.

Of course I will defer to Kerry Irons. :)

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
Gig 'em said:
Concur.

i love when you put them in the toaster and the edges get slightly burnt and crispy. the trick is to break them in half first so the inside can cool off or the roof of your mouth will be burnt for days. if the stuff inside is too hot its like napalm, sticks to the top of your mouth and burns the hell out of it.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
bigbill said:
The caramel and the s'more ones are manna from heaven. Carried down on the wings of pure white doves and gently placed into aluminum pouches to be stacked into the convenient one box serving size.
+1 on the smores, never had the caramel though. What the hell do they do to make the crust on the smores ones so damn good.... screw the real thing, a smores two pack is where it's at

·
Registered
277 Posts
pop tart storage

the supermarket where I shop has pop tart storage containers. Hinged replicas of your favorite flavors. Each holds 2. Perfect, crush-proof.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts