Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

damn the interweb is slow today.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wearing jeans, steel-toed doc boots, and a plaid old navy button down today.

just answer teh pole.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Push the button for the floor I want to go to.

haiku d'etat said:
i'm wearing jeans, steel-toed doc boots, and a plaid old navy button down today.

just answer teh pole.
Then I calmly wait for my floor and exit the elevator.

That is it.

Nothing strange, mystical or slightly off color (because I know THEY are watching me through the ceiling grid).

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
kpcw said:
I look upwards. Then I look around. Then I watch the doors close to see if anyone is coming in last second.
Me, too. If it's someone I don't like I just kind of watch them get closer as the doors slowly close.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
kpcw said:
Are you listening to your new iPod :confused:

:)
No, THEY are because listening.:eek:

But I know THEY are powerless to harm me as long as I am wearing my Reynolds Wrap Cap.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
What's really fun when you get into an empty elevator is, if it is small and you're tall enough, stretch out on the floor with your hands on one wall and your feet on the other. "Walk" up the side of the elevator. Just as the door opens, let go and scream. It will look like the elevator flew down the shaft and stopped suddenly, and now you are crashing to the ground. Anyone waiting to get in will freak out. What's really funny is to have one person stand by the door and another come crashing down behind him. This obviously doesn't work if no one is waiting.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
I usualy pick my floor and wait to arrive at my floor. Pretty simple, really.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
I jump up and down repeatedly until the alarm sounds.

Sometimes I do it when other people are on the elevator as well. One must taste one's mortality on occassion.....

·
On your left!
1,299 Posts
As soon as the door closes...

I do a hand stand and see if I can hold it until I reach my floor.

I know, the floor is filthy, but it is a tradition for literally decades. As soon as I dapart from the elevator, I find the nearest washroom and wash my hands...

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
wayneanneli said:
I usualy pick my floor and wait to arrive at my floor. Pretty simple, really.
That is exactly what THEY want you to do.

Don't think that just because you aren't in the good ol' USofA that THEY aren't watching......

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
MB1 said:
That is exactly what THEY want you to do.

Don't think that just because you aren't in the good ol' USofA that THEY aren't watching......
I'll have to remember that the next time I visit the US and get into an elevator. Maybe I should pick my nose or scratch myself ala J or smoke some pot or all of the above. I'm sure that Uncle Sam would love that.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
I wanna bust out the sharpies

and draw huge foreboding faces staring on every wall. forces people to actually look at each other.

don't ask me how I know this

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
atpjunkie said:
and draw huge foreboding faces staring on every wall. forces people to actually look at each other.

So atp, how do you know this? A ghost from your past??

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
atpjunkie said:

performance art can be pretty funny....

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
well let me just say

I have a degree in fine art. I studied under some performance / conceptual artists with an emphasis on public/confrontational art. Oh and I have a thing for elevators. Set up a table chairs & stanchion in one and had a 4 course lunch (with a waiter). A realnice big one in a very toney office building. Piece was titled Lunch for the Upwardly Moble.

The Cold Cucumber/Yogurt salad and Carrot Vichycoise were amazing.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
mickey-mac said:
Fart and hope nobody gets in before I get out.
I do this right before I exit the elevator when I'm the only one in it. Nice welcoming environment for the people who step in after I leave. ;) If you time it just right they won't realize anything until after the doors close.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Ok, so you're not just some bad boy rock'n roll musician. You're a bad boy rock'n roll musician with a flair for the artistic impressions of elevators, right? Sounds nice.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Want to really confuse people in an elevator? Merely stand at the "front" of the elevator, and face the back. Nobody ever does this.

·
Banned
7,890 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I do this right before I exit the elevator when I'm the only one in it. Nice welcoming environment for the people who step in after I leave. ;) If you time it just right they won't realize anything until after the doors close.
can you fart when you decide to? is it some kung fu adavnced teschnique?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
atpjunkie said:
I have a degree in fine art. I studied under some performance / conceptual artists with an emphasis on public/confrontational art. Oh and I have a thing for elevators. Set up a table chairs & stanchion in one and had a 4 course lunch (with a waiter). A realnice big one in a very toney office building. Piece was titled Lunch for the Upwardly Moble.

The Cold Cucumber/Yogurt salad and Carrot Vichycoise were amazing.
are you familiar with this guy?

http://www.banksy.co.uk/menu.html

1 - 20 of 39 Posts