Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride the Iron Horse trail through Walnut Creek a lot to get to and from my Training rides, Ive noticed a ton more Police on motorized vehicles. Usually its Dirt Bikes, but today it was a full on CHP Cruiser on the freaking Bike Trail. Anyone know WTF is up?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Apparently they are VERY desperate to hand out tkts! Make sure you dont speed, although I am being sarcastic I would not be surprised to see you get a tkt for speeding on a bike trail. I have seen a few bikes get speeding tkts out where I live on the road!

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Avoiding traffic? :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
I usually ride a small section of the Iron Horse and haven't seen any CHP. I think there were a few robberies near Las Lomas towards the end of last school year, so now that school is back in session they are patrolling it more.

One morning last winter when it was still very dark I saw a WC Police motorcycle on the Canal Trail. I wondered if he would give me a hard time since it doesn't technically open until sunrise, but no, so he must have been looking for something else.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EBrider said:
I usually ride a small section of the Iron Horse and haven't seen any CHP. I think there were a few robberies near Las Lomas towards the end of last school year, so now that school is back in session they are patrolling it more.

One morning last winter when it was still very dark I saw a WC Police motorcycle on the Canal Trail. I wondered if he would give me a hard time since it doesn't technically open until sunrise, but no, so he must have been looking for something else.
Well thats encouraging, im glad to see they arent out there to harass/ticket cyclists.

·
3,494 Posts
Rhymenocerus - are you still hanging with Hiphopopotamus?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts