Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in New York there was a cycling ride to push for more cycling rights & captuerd on video a cop double elbowed a passing cyclist for NO REASON at all ,then they arrested the cyclist for petty charges to scare him from pressin charges,if you have comcast its on the main page news,hope he takes legal action against some of those uncivilized cant find another job cops:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Please see thread titled 'Cop Body-Checks Critical Mass Rider (Video)' so there aren't 10 of the same threads.
As for the "unprovoked", unless you witnessed what happened before the video, or have extra video, the cop should also be considered innocent until proven guilty.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,354 Posts
eddymerckx#1 said:
in New York there was a cycling ride to push for more cycling rights & captuerd on video a cop double elbowed a passing cyclist for NO REASON at all ,then they arrested the cyclist for petty charges to scare him from pressin charges,if you have comcast its on the main page news,hope he takes legal action against some of those uncivilized cant find another job cops:mad: :mad:
There have already been more than a few threads on this but........

ANYone who is in a Critical Mass ride is ASKING for it. All CM rides do is PISS off drivers, NOT help spread the word of cycling. Yes, the cop assalted the rider---but the tactics of CM rides only HURT their message not help it.

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well obviously Im sure they had cycling cops there ,the cyclist was goin at a slow pace so with that it doesnt look as if he did anything wrong otherwise he would of been chased down,I was puttin a road bike together & finished about 2am & took a ride to adjust everything ,I was arrested by about 15 cops cause the neighborhood I rode thru the captains house was burglarized while he was asleep,the plain car that approached me asked for ID ,I said who are you let me see your ID ,he had none ,so I continued for about 1 block before being stopped by motorcycle, ,plain& marked cars & everything else ,,I did nothing wrong,I lost 2 1/2 hours of my life cause of them,theres more to it .. philly & new york have alot of cop thugs especially these generation cops that like to talk about the thug stuff they do at family gatherings, I have friends that are on the philly force as well a s a late brother in law who was in Internal Affairs so I kinda heard it all

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
eddymerckx#1 said:
well obviously Im sure they had cycling cops there ,the cyclist was goin at a slow pace so with that it doesnt look as if he did anything wrong otherwise he would of been chased down,I was puttin a road bike together & finished about 2am & took a ride to adjust everything ,I was arrested by about 15 cops cause the neighborhood I rode thru the captains house was burglarized while he was asleep,the plain car that approached me asked for ID ,I said who are you let me see your ID ,he had none ,so I continued for about 1 block before being stopped by motorcycle, ,plain& marked cars & everything else ,,I did nothing wrong,I lost 2 1/2 hours of my life cause of them,theres more to it .. philly & new york have alot of cop thugs especially these generation cops that like to talk about the thug stuff they do at family gatherings, I have friends that are on the philly force as well a s a late brother in law who was in Internal Affairs so I kinda heard it all

no bias here...

·
Banned
3,262 Posts
eddymerckx#1 said:

I hear ya. I grew up with a lot of these generations of cop thugs in the NY suburbs. I'm white so I was privy to a lot of the racist cop bs, they assumed I would agree with.

Funny, I'm hearing a lot of the same crap now with Obama running for POTUS.

we're not ready for a black to be POTUS, WTF does that mean??

·
Registered
83 Posts
My Own Private Idaho said:
You can't see what the rider was doing before he was body-checked. You can't hear what the cop said to him. Critical Mass is stupid anyway. The rider may not have deserved what he got, but he was asking for it.
Seriously? Did you watch the video or not?

The cop was standing there as many cyclists rode right by. The cop then leisurely saunters over and shoves the next passing cyclist to the ground. Yes, I undertstand that the cop is innocent until proven guilty, but you show that clip to any jury (not made up of the cop's reltives or co-workers), and I bet you my next paycheck that he's guilty!

I think Critical Mass is stupid also. but "he was asking for it?" No way, no how! What the video captured was the very definition of "unreasonable search and seizure." Cops can only use the appropriate amount of force to effect an arrest. Grabbing the handlebar would have been just as effective as shoving him to the ground!

Yes, I know that excessive force happens every day, but when it's captured on video and shown to the whole world, you can prosecute it!

I don't post very often, but government officials that overstep their authority really get me going!

·
Banned
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well you have a small percentage of cops that are like that not all ,few of them think they can do what they want ,they have that mentality & Ive heard it alot growin up in south philly.the cm riders where not breakin the law,cops should just be there & do theyre job instead of being thugs,Im not biased ,cops like that have to be kept in check,when 1 cop like him is totally wrong the whole dept. HAS to stick with him

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.