Votes: 256 83.1%
  • Shorts

Votes: 52 16.9%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Atom B
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question gets asked often, but I haven't seen it asked for a poll - which will show meaningful data.

So...do you prefer bibs or shorts? A poll option for using both would cloud the outcome.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
I just started riding in bibs a few weeks ago.. got 2 pairs of Performance Elites. I love the feel and the comfort of bibs over the shorts I wore. Plus they stay put which is nice!

Luckily if I bend forward I can still take a leak out over the top... but need to be very very careful to not hit anything..

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
I rode shorts for YEARS. Didn't know any better. Then I got a pair of Assos Roubaix bib knickers.

I converted ALL my shorts to bibs right after that.

That's been 15 years...

M

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Bibs all the way. Us guys with less than perfect physics love them!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Bibs. Easily. Specialized BG Pro and and Performance Elite. Specialized on long rides (that version has the "endurance" pad, i.e. more padding), and Performance for the trainer.

It's all good :) (except for the fact that the Specialized shorts are $170 and I can get the Performance shorts on sale for $60!! :eek: )

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
rward325 said:
Bibs all the way. Us guys with less than perfect physics love them!
So does most everyone else. Zero shorts in the pro ranks, for example.

Other reasons folks might not like them, but it's independent of physique.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
There has been a poll and it was probably last year. 90% of cyclists that tried bibs never went back to shorts. The percentages are overwhelming and prompted me to try bibs. I have not looked back either.

·
sometimereader
1,202 Posts
Perhaps there should be a gender differentiation. I (male) prefer bibs, but I suspect femmes mostly don't.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
I'm a skinny guy but I prefer bibs for some reason, despite not really being able to tell the difference between shorts and bibs.

But, I do like the straps actually since it just feels more secure. With shorts, the waistband gets loose over time.

When I say skinny, I mean, I really am.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
I rode yesterday with shorts and tights over that... every single time my upper clothing moved I felt weird. After riding in bibs for a week I like the feeling of my back being covered. Not that I ever had plumbers crack but still..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.