Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, is my wife and I's three year anniversary. It is also the day that the bike that my 2006 CAAD8 R5000 in Blue arrived. What should I do? Go out and celebrate the anniversary with my wife. Go to the bike store to build up my new ride? Celebrate the anniversary at the bike store? What would you do?

Regards,

jparman

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
jparman said:
Today, is my wife and I's three year anniversary. It is also the day that the bike that my 2006 CAAD8 R5000 in Blue arrived. What should I do? Go out and celebrate the anniversary with my wife. Go to the bike store to build up my new ride? Celebrate the anniversary at the bike store? What would you do?

Regards,

jparman
You know the right answer you moreon. The bike will still be there tomorrow.

·
BS the DC
1,426 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
You know the right answer you moreon. The bike will still be there tomorrow.
Sure, the bike will be there tomorrow ... and the next day ... and the next. The bike will always be there for you. Your wife may decide to leave you, but the bike never will. It'll never ask you for the remote. It'll never gripe at you. The bike will never feel like you just don't understand it. So, put your bike aside and go attend to the wife.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Unless it's a big anniversary, there's nothing that says you have to celebrate all day long. So skip work or whatever else you have to do, hit the bike shop first thing in the morning, spend 2-3 hours there, then come home and spend the rest of your day with the wifey. Just remember that when you're all dreamy and she's asking you what you're thinking about, the right answer is, "The day I met you," not, "That lovely bike I worked on this morning."

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
dontimberline said:
Unless it's a big anniversary, there's nothing that says you have to celebrate all day long. So skip work or whatever else you have to do, hit the bike shop first thing in the morning, spend 2-3 hours there, then come home and spend the rest of your day with the wifey. Just remember that when you're all dreamy and she's asking you what you're thinking about, the right answer is, "The day I met you," not, "That lovely bike I worked on this morning."
good compromise.......:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.