Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post. Thoughts are still with the old board though, so what can be more appropriate as we lay the old board down to rest than to look at the question of what to do with your body after you die - are you going to be cremated, buried, or undecided?

I come from a family that gets themselves burned to ashes, and I'll follow suit. What about you?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Cremation...

seems to make more sense in my opinion. Too many housing developments built on old cemetaries now. Recall an article in a local paper where a contractor was building some new homes on what turned out to be an abandoned cemetary. No records of it, but they were turning up casket handles etc. Without any evidence of bodies, the local govt. could not stop construction. Just burn me and scatter me in my favorite place.

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
Buried at sea.

My wife says she's throwing me in the river and letting me float off to the Gulf of Mexico. My question is for the casket crowd, why not bury people straight up and down? Use a big post hole digger and stand everybody up. Sure would save alot of space. :D

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, this site is too smart for me

Turtleherder said:
My wife says she's throwing me in the river and letting me float off to the Gulf of Mexico. My question is for the casket crowd, why not bury people straight up and down? Use a big post hole digger and stand everybody up. Sure would save alot of space. :D
I clicked on this thread, and when it opened up, the commercials at the top of the screen were for crematoriums, funeral parlors, and some Alaskan burial business.... Big Brother has arrived....

You know, your idea of standing caskets on their heads (or feet?) is something to consider. Rigor mortis ought to keep the bodies standing at attention. It would call for new rhymes to engrave into the headstone........" Here lies Cornelius Robb, never was one to lie down on the job..."

·
Quiet, daddy's drinking
5,887 Posts
I also noticed the ads.

So are "they" trying to tell me something? :confused: Has Ann Coulter found out I am a treasonous Democrat? :mad: Have I offended the funeral parlor biz with my new and improved idea of "vertical re-integration"? :rolleyes:

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
So the soylent green idea is out?

It really makes no difference to me. If I get to choose, I'll choose cremation, I guess (my wife doesn't like the idea). In Vietnam, it always seemed foolish to me to risk people's lives to bring back bodies. I saw people wounded and killed that way, when it would have been easier, safer and (to my mind) more sensible either to wait or leave them where they fell. Not much support for that in the military, though--a lot of people believe they need to be in one piece, and sometimes even in a familiar place, or God won't accept them or something.
What about recycling, though? Only objections I can think of are esthetic.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust..."

I think I'll see if I can get my brother-in-law to fly over Sequoia Nat'l Park after I'm toast (literally) and fertilize the big trees with me...or if not, have my ashes taken to the Cumbres & Toltec NGRR yard in Chama, NM, and mixed in with the ashes from the Mikados and Mudhens.

·
I don't exist
2,029 Posts
Crash test dummy, then burn whats left. nm

Crash test dummy, then burn whats left.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,243 Posts
Fed to the wolves.

I really don't care what happens, I'll be dead.

My wife, ever practical, says she'll put me in a cardboard box and have me burned, then get the ashes in a paper sack. That works for me.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
Hefty Funeral

Just double bag me, and put me out Thursday night. It might get a tad smelly if I croak on a Saturday in summertime.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Let them take what they can and toast the rest.

Nice and crispy. :cool:

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
whatever is cheapest and less hassle.

·
Bored beyond belief.
1,257 Posts
Harvest the bits that can help others, and then

go for the Cheech and Chong option--cook the remains, mix 'em with some good weed and have the family and friends light up.

As Hoo said, what the hell does it matter--I'll be dead.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts