• paint option 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
awwww horseapples!!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks-

Take a look at the attached images of some color combo's for the the repaint of my 84 paramount that is to become my main ride. I'm am supposed to be sending it off to Waterford ASAP but can't decide which of the hundreds of combinations is the right one.

So take a look, feedback is welcome.

Also- if anyone else is repainting a bike, I'd be happy to send them the illustrator file I used to make these. Just send me a private message.

·
awwww horseapples!!
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bwana said:
I agree with 3in1 (actually, chromed lugs, but not on your list)
Unfortunately chroming the lugs is not an option (as interesting as it is)... I'd look into a brighter metallic paint.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,187 Posts
Option #4

You can't go with red. BTW, red bikes are usually faster than any other colored bikes.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I love option 2. Nice to have the red trim, because there are so many red/black components to build it up with. But I think option 3 is also very classy. Dark blue with ivory trim looks great!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Lugged frames lend themselves to spiffy paint jobs because the tubes and lugs can be painted in any number of variations on a theme. None of your choices exploit the creativity the frame allows (For instance what about the rear brake bridge it's likely lugged - and having a couple tube colors - stays & fork legs different than main triangle, headtube & seattube different than rest, etc, etc, etc). Show more imagination!?

·
Cat 6 rider
3,090 Posts
Paramount? Paramount! There is only one option for a Parmount- CHROME the whole dang thing. If your shop won't do it find someone who will.

If you're determined to paint it, option 3 is pretty snazzy. You might also consider an obnoxious purple metallic for the main body, or a candy apple red (transparent red over a gold metallic undercoat), or candy apple green (with silver undercoat).

And remember the inverse cost/damage rule applies. The more you pay for the paint job, the faster you'll have a scratch on it.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Paramount? Paramount! There is only one option for a Parmount- CHROME the whole dang thing. If your shop won't do it find someone who will.
His "shop" is the Waterford factory in WI, if they can't do chrome good luck finding someone that can.

BTW, can you make option 4 with a white head tube and seat tube?

·
What the Hell is going on
5,187 Posts
Scooper said:
I like Option 4.

I had mine painted Ferrari Red (it was originally Emerald) and wish I had thought to paint the lugs a contrasting silver grey like that.

Oooooooo, I this. Thanks for giving me something to think about when I repaint my "Captain America" Paramount (Japanese version :())

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.