Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Who will win the first post-Armstrong TdF?

• Basso

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Ullrich

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Landis

Votes: 42 21.4%
  • Valverde

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 19 9.7%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TdF picks.....for real this time

I know there is probably a thread already up on this, but oh well. Here is my top 10.

1. Basso
2. Ullrich
3. Evans
4. Valverde
5. Mancebo
6. Landis
7. Popovych
8. Leipheimer
9. Vino
10. Contador

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Dibs on Karpets for top 10!

For the podium:
1. Ullrich
2. Basso
3. Cadel Evans

I admit to swapping #1 and #2. I think the extreme length of the two TTs play right into the hands of Ullrich now.

Other top 10 placers
Valverde, Leipheimer, Landis, Karpets, Hincapie.

Gotta be able to time trial this time, so as much as i'd like to add Cunego and Mayo as a darkhorses I just can't. Americans are good at it, and the "big three" have shown at various times this year that they can climb. I would be surprised to add Julich to a good placing in spite of the fact that he'll be working for Basso.

·
Cat 6
4,696 Posts
1) Ullrich
2) thru 189)...DNF - none could handle the devastating pace of der Kaiser

KOM - Ulle
Green Jersey - Jan
White Jersey - der Kaiser, but he told them to go stick it
Team Classification - Team Kaiser

Get my drift? :)

In all seriousness...
1) Ullrich
2) Basso
3) Landis
Team - CSC
Green Jersey - Boonen
KOM - Hmmmm, tough one...I think the Chicken could repeat.

·
Registered
173 Posts
In my opinion

Ivan Basso all the way, he's probably going to win. Jan he will not win it, most of the years he should of won a man named Lance won it. Jan was robbed atleast twice from a probable victory, and he might of beat Lance once if he didn't get sick or something like that if I remember correct. King of the Mts. is the second most honorable jersey to win, so who cares, everyone one should.

1.Basso
2.Landis
3.I think we'll be suprised by someone so I'll leave third as an unknown underdog

·
Registered
467 Posts
Rum_Runner1 said:
and he might of beat Lance once if he didn't get sick or something like that if I remember correct
As much as I like Jan,I don't think you remember correctly.

1.Jan(I hope)
2.Basso(of course he could be #1 :D )
3.Landis(This is my wishful thinking)

Green;Have to go with Boonen.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
I think it's Jan's to lose - and he (with the help of the Mob) will. Jan will pick up enough time in the first ITT that he will defend. Then Riis and Bruyneel will work him over good for the rest of the race. Basso should come out on top. Disco will have a good showing by multiple riders, but no podium (never do decide who the leader is). Whoever bides their time and makes the right moves (Landis, Vino, Valverde) will be fighting Jan for second.

Basso
Jan
Landis/Vino/Valverde
Bunch-O-Discos

TF

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I was on the verge of going back to Basso after looking at the splits again in the long Giro TT but after this morning's reports out of Spain the authorities may help out the decision making by taking Jan out mentally if not physically. I think they will be a bit slower kicking him out vs some of the others.

1. Basso
2. Ullrich
3. Landis

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.