• 30-40

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • 30-28 - Miguel Indurain

Votes: 4 1.2%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I'm 57 and I see low 60s when I'm ready to get on the bike to ride, so my guess is that "resting" would be in mid 50s. Never really given it a lot of thought though.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I'm a 37 year old male.

I often see RHR in the upper 30's. Lowest recorded was 34bpm.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Mine's in the high 40s if I'm laying down/relaxing (I'm 18 y/o).

Right before they put me under to take out my wisdome teeth, I was watching the heart rate thing they had me hooked up to, and I got it down to 51. I can't believe I wasn't freaking out more. They had some of the big tools out and they were getting the IV needle ready. That's when it jumped up to about 80. :D

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Best to measure your resting rate in the morning before getting out of bed. Preferably after a good night's sleep. At 51, mine typically get down to only 45bpm. In my late-30's, it might see 36bpm on a good day. I was in much better shape back then.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
38 years old and at my last doctors visit they had it at 42 bpm...which means laying down in the morning probably somewhere between 35-38 bpm.

By the time my check up was completed I think he was wondering why I bothered to come in :)

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
Wookiebiker said:
38 years old and at my last doctors visit they had it at 42 bpm...which means laying down in the morning probably somewhere between 35-38 bpm.

By the time my check up was completed I think he was wondering why I bothered to come in :)

If you really want to freakout the doc or nurse, take a deep breath and hold it immediately before they take your pulse. You can get it to plummet to the low-20's. :devil:

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
you know, they annually survey Tour riders, and I haven't looked at one in a while but I remember from a few years ago that the average RHR was in the mid-50's.
you guys with HR's in the 30's are freaks.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,083 Posts
Lowest was mid 30's laying down out like a light on the OR table getting my boys snipped. Right now with my finger in the Pulse Oximeter it is 60ish. That is after more coffee and tea during the day than I really should drink.

·
Registered
681 Posts
bill said:
you know, they annually survey Tour riders, and I haven't looked at one in a while but I remember from a few years ago that the average RHR was in the mid-50's.
you guys with HR's in the 30's are freaks.
I wonder how many with low heart rates have a murmur of some sort (sometimes referred to as athlete's heart) which is what i have. Cardiac enlargement resulted in increased stroke volume to the point that there was backwash.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
the lowest I ever saw was about 45. I was flying on narcotics after a hernia surgery and was experiencing a form of toxicity or something. It was right before I threw up in front of the EMT's my wife had called after I passed out, when she thought I was dying.

·
Poseur
1,408 Posts
I'm 64 and male. My resting heart rate first thing in the morning, still in bed, varies between 45 and 49. Not bad for an old fart.:D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts