Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Poo in public bathrooms?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't ever poop in public bathrooms (unless it's an emergency). Is this nuts? I mean, there's a reason you have a toilet in your house, right?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Office

I am totally against random public bathrooms, but what about your office or somewhere you spend a lot of time? Does that count as public? I usually head down a few floors and use antother company's facilities for #2 (Bathrooms are off the elevator lobby). I find it gross if I am taking a pee and some guy I work with comes strolling out of a stall.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Same here. Even at Burningman. I bring my own toilet. I could post a pic, but I won't. And it has to be Cottonelle Wet Wipes. Think of it this way - if you fell in dog mess, would you just wipe it off, or wash it off?

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a) Office = Public.
b) There's a name for people who poop only in public bathooms: bums.

Walking into the bathroom at my school is always an olfactory nightmare.

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
I guess I don't see much problem with it. The biggest problem I have is finding a seat that hasn't been p*ssed all over. What is it with people?

I am actually more OK with doing THAT in restrooms that are MORE public. I am always a little nervous at the office (where I know people) than in, say, an airport, where I know absolutely nobody. And I'm a big fan of UK and Swiss dumpers where they tend to have full-sized doors so you can get some real privacy.

But I mean really, am I gonna make myself miserable and/or uncomfortable over any hang-up I have with it? No way. So I make a rude noise or stink up the place, what's the big deal? Only a crazy person could resent you for doing that in a bathroom. It's what they're FOR.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
I don't ever poop in public bathrooms (unless it's an emergency). Is this nuts? I mean, there's a reason you have a toilet in your house, right?
Not only do I not poop in public bathrooms, I also never poop at home. You know that saying "don't poop where you eat?" Well, I eat a home a lot. I only poop in the wild, among the birds, bears, and beavers. It goes without saying that I never eat in the wild.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
city parks is where i dry the line.

after seeing some of the places in Louisville, you would understand.

Just dig a hole in the woods.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Not only do I not poop in public bathrooms, I also never poop at home. You know that saying "don't poop where you eat?" Well, I eat a home a lot. I only poop in the wild, among the birds, bears, and beavers. It goes without saying that I never eat in the wild.
That explains the mess the woods.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
mohair_chair said:
so, your saying your future wife will have to house train you.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
lousylegs said:
so, your saying your future wife will have to house train you.
Not sure about my future wife, but my current wife understands that I was raised by wolves and does not try to change me.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Here's a swank new public stall, with mirrors that you can see through from inside. I might want to try that one, only if I could be the first that day.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Use enough porta-johns before races (especially after a few men's fields get through with them) and suddenly pooping at the local quickie-mart doesn't sound that awful. Even if there's a camera hidden in the bowl. (Yes, I know that was uncalled-for, but I couldn't resist!)

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Not sure about my future wife, but my current wife understands that I was raised by wolves and does not try to change me.
Sorry, Mohair, got you confused with one of the other posters,

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.