Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding my stock Poprad for 6 months and I'm hooked. Never ridden road or CX before, only mtn. The Poprad has been seeing more and more trail time and the stock JonesCX tires are starting to wear. So I'm thinking about new rubber.

So I have 2 questions:

1) What is a recommended tire for the Bonti Select rims that I can ride 50% pavement, 25% dirt road, 25% semitechnical singletrack? The Jones CXs are ok but I don't have experience to compare them with anything

2) If I was to go fatty on the Poprad and chuck my geared FS and rigid SS what is a recommend tire? Something along the lines of a 700x44.

BTW my local (Boise) trails are dry and sandy in summer, wet and mushy in winter.

TIA

· Hoopy Frood
706 Posts
TwistedCrank said:
1) What is a recommended tire for the Bonti Select rims that I can ride 50% pavement, 25% dirt road, 25% semitechnical singletrack? The Jones CXs are ok but I don't have experience to compare them with anything
Ritchey SpeedMax would be good for that mix of conditions. Any cross tire is going to wear down fast on pavement, though. The WTB CrossWolf would be another choice.

TwistedCrank said:
2) If I was to go fatty on the Poprad and chuck my geared FS and rigid SS what is a recommend tire? Something along the lines of a 700x44.
I don't generally run tires that big so I don't have any direct experience. Not sure if you could fit a 29er tire in there. That would be the best bet if you want to use the Poprad for mountain biking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.